Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dabbla

cyxstudio wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:03 pm
why is the suspension after a goal so damn long now? its more than 2 min
its a joke and costly ,two weeks in a row. :evil:

I guess all matches are now controlled remotely or automated. They really need to manage these markets manually.
Its getting frustrating now.

29/09/2018 13:42:26: Market has been suspended
29/09/2018 13:43:33: Market has been unsuspended

The above was a random 1 min suspention.
Euler

To save costs they have been using a running ball feed straight into the market management. But of course, this is some student in the ground trying to earn a couple of quid at the weekend and has no idea people could win or lose thousands on a bad call. I can see why this makes sense on a lower division match, but on a televised premier league match on it's own. That's just pathetic mismanagement. Surely you could manually override this and watch it on BT Sport.
Copenhagen trader

I guess this is why one of reasons the reputation of sports trading is not the same as financial trading. The incident on the West Ham-Man Utd game shows that BF really has not substantial respect for those customers who choose to trade the game.
A hedge after the third goal (Man Utd) was clearly obstructed by the prolonged suspension.
An extra layer of risk is involved when choosing to take a position and trade: Betfairs amateurish handling of mistakes that can be quite costly for traders.
northbound

Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:32 pm
To save costs they have been using a running ball feed straight into the market management. But of course, this is some student in the ground trying to earn a couple of quid at the weekend
Not sure about that. I recall someone telling me a while ago that B365 use RBall too as their livescore feed.

Never seen such poor market management on B365 compared to Betfair. Ever.

Let’s be honest: the problem here is that probably Betfair is run by bean counters who don’t care too much about the exchange. Perhaps the sportbsook rakes in more money for them.
JTEDL

saw this earlier, might be of interest to some, kind of along a similar line to Peter's video about how much team spends = league position. Interesting to see Brighton/Wolves/Fulham up there too in top 9, so spending can also get you promoted and good chance of staying up...(well we'll see I suppose!)

https://mobile.twitter.com/read_avidly/ ... 7811404801
LeTiss

I'm trying to trade Hoffenheim and Man City - the fill rate is soooo bloody slow, I keep checking that BF hasn't gone down
SeaHorseRacing

Seem Saints will have another good cup run and a diabolical league run.
Dallas

Bruce sacked from Villa and two years to the day since Di Matteo was shown the door
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45382413
soccersaint

The West Ham-Man Utd game suspension was deliberate and goes to show they have no respect what so ever for those customers who were trading that game...just wonder how many traders lost the opportunity to hedge at that point...they are becoming enemy number one and it’s concerning.

On the other side of course how many noticed the late suspension in the Lyon game ? The pen was almost a given and the market didn’t suspend. Sad to say those sharp enough to take advantage at that point didn’t benefit as the pen was saved...mores the pity :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dt888

Game in China about to kick off.

Home team in 7th place at 7.2
Away team second from bottom at 1.52 ??

Not a big follower of chinese football but that seems a bit odd
dt888

And the home team win 1-0...

The same team won 3-0 at home a couple of months ago at even bigger odds

Any football traders out there that can shine some light on this?

Why such seemingly crazy odds, does this sort of thing seem crop up from leagues around the world often?
Euler

Mourinho still available to back at 1.30 as next manager to leave.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:50 pm
Mourinho still available to back at 1.30 as next manager to leave.
It's certainly got to be worth a dabble, esp with the current score
Trading96

I'm more looking at backing United to get back in this.
Dallas

Trading96 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:31 pm
I'm more looking at backing United to get back in this.
Excellent shout :D

Return to “Football trading”