Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
spreadbetting

Any sites that post up the team line up as soon as they're available on match days?
brimson25

Twitter feed of the clubs concerned is the quickest, I think.
Dallas

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 pm
That's what I've been using recently
Kai

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Yeah, AFAIK official club Twitter feeds put the lineups out first. Premier League teams try to be precise and release lineups right at the hour mark before kickoff for league games, sometimes earlier for non-league games, while European teams release lineups at random times. Overreactions are very commonplace, like everywhere else.
JTEDL

ITV4 showing some La Liga games in case anyone not aware - Ath Bilbao v Barcelona tonight.
northbound

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:13 pm
Any sites that post up the team line up as soon as they're available on match days?
Also have a look at the free Sofascore smartphone app. One of its notification types is called Lineups, which will notify you as soon as lineups are announced.
spreadbetting

northbound wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:57 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:13 pm
Also have a look at the free Sofascore smartphone app. One of its notification types is called Lineups, which will notify you as soon as lineups are announced.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Set it to alarm me for tonights Huddersfield game so hopefully it'll work :)

Edit: It worked but reckon checking twitter is a lot more on the ball as it came thru on my phone about 15 minutes after twitter announced the line up
Crazyskier

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:25 pm
ITV4 showing some La Liga games in case anyone not aware - Ath Bilbao v Barcelona tonight.
Oddly it's not on the TV guide (says darts) however it IS on the Sky planner, so I'll have a peek at that later - thanks for the heads-up!

CS :D
northbound

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:02 pm
It worked but reckon checking twitter is a lot more on the ball as it came thru on my phone about 15 minutes after twitter announced the line up
You’re right, although on Twitter you’d also receive notifications for all non-lineups tweets, which creates a bit of confusion.

I wonder if there’s a Twitter profile that only tweets lineup announcements.
spreadbetting

northbound wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:27 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:02 pm
It worked but reckon checking twitter is a lot more on the ball as it came thru on my phone about 15 minutes after twitter announced the line up
You’re right, although on Twitter you’d also receive notifications for all non-lineups tweets, which creates a bit of confusion.

I wonder if there’s a Twitter profile that only tweets lineup announcements.
You could probably set up a scraper to look for tweets with "lineup" in them.
Kafkaesque

I'm thinking, there's as good a spot as there's been so far this season in the first PL match tomorrow, with trading in and out of draw, for as long as the 0-0 holds, and possibly other similar spots after. No other major matches at the same time, so should be a ton of liquidity.

The matches in recent years doesn't really bode well, but conversely I'd say those matches are affecting the market too much.

Arsenal aren't really in a good place, with no captain and the whole gang war situation hanging around. Starting with an away win after last season's dreadful away form was good, but sneeeeeeeaking a win at Newcastle isn't all that imo. They'll possibly get three key players in from the first match, but should he start then with Ozil being Ozil, I cannot really see him being all there if things don't go seamlessly. Burnley will know that and take every opportunity to give him a whack.

Arsenal might sneak another win over the line in the end, and maybe even make it look easy enough once the dam breaks, but with the state of the two clubs and squads, I don't really see it being as straight forward, especially early doors, as the prices suggest.

Am I missing something?
Archangel

I didnt see the game but Arsenal were quite fortunate to win by accounts

Liverpool managed to get over the line, just. I think they will need to battle on until they get Allison back to calm things down
Euler

The stats seem to indicate they were a bit lucky today.
greenmark

Well done Spurs. 1-1. This is what I want LFC and Spurs disrupting the established order.
Archangel

In many ways VAR is adding an extra level of drama to games

Return to “Football trading”