Telegram Bots

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
northbound

Speculator_3 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:07 am
Do you remember how many matches you traded before you came to the conclusion that you are only breaking even?
Probably between 200-500 matches over a period of 6 months.

From what I recall, I was also often laying teams 2 goals up with 20min to go, if they were actively creating scoring opportunities.
Kai

northbound wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am
Speculator_3 wrote:
Do you remember how many matches you traded before you came to the conclusion that you are only breaking even?

From what I recall, I was also often laying teams 2 goals up with 20min to go, if they were actively creating scoring opportunities.
What kinda price were you looking to jump on with those? Or were you for the most part ignoring the price on offer?

Nice work with the bot alerts btw, not many would share these.
northbound

Kai wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 am
What kinda price were you looking to jump on with those? Or were you for the most part ignoring the price on offer?

Nice work with the bot alerts btw, not many would share these.
Thanks Kai.

Usually I checked the odds and if they felt low I layed right away. If they felt high, I offered a lower price until matched, especially if the game was still in the first half.

BTW do you always watch the match for a while before entering a trade or also dive in simply because of stats/metrics you saw for example on Sofascore?
Kai

I feel that's a good approach, from what I've seen most people ignore the prices and just trade what they think is going to happen.

I prefer not to watch a game if I don't have to, you can usually get a feel for the game after 10-20mins, everyone has their own style but for me personally watching every game just feels like I'm getting diminishing returns, and with that approach I would have no time to trade other markets either. If there's no obvious early inplay trend to jump on and if I'm not trying to catch that first goal, generally I like looking for weird results, undeserved goals, shock early leads etc, the earlier the better so that the result has plenty of time of reverting to mean if that makes sense, ideally with a semi free trade before time decay starts kicking in. That being said I'm more of a technical trader primarily so while I wait for a goal l I usually prefer trading the ebb and flow, particularly on the unders, a bit contrarian but somehow it works out.
northbound

Ebb and flow is something I wouldn’t normally associate with unders, though. They tend to go down in price except when there’s a set piece or a long injury time has been announced. What am I missing?
Kai

Well time decay markets like the unders aren't as robotic as perhaps they should be in their movements, there's a lot of technical traders that can effectively trade them (Psychoff is a good example since he showcased his approach on the unders but he most likely wouldn't discuss it on a public forum). There's generally a lot more depth to the inplay markets than people think, but football traders (besides the Portuguese) rarely develop strong technical ladder-based skills unless they have a lot of experience with horse racing.
northbound

Thanks Kai
Speculator_3

northbound wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am
Speculator_3 wrote:

Since you were laying at very low odds, maybe a sample of 200-500 matches is not that large to conclusively determine if you break even / make a profit/loss long term?

I am also wondering what would happen if instead of waiting for a losing team to get all 3 goals back, you would have trade out a part of your stake when the team got 2 goals back? And let the rest of the stake run till the end. Then of course you wouldn't get massive occasional payouts but you'd get more frequent trades that result in small profit... Would you still only end up at break even over a long term period?
Speculator_3

Kai wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:58 pm

There's also a common theme among top football traders, that (early) 2 goal leads can often create some value as well.
Interesting - could you point me to relevant info? On this forum, there was a poster called "johnnyg" who I'm sure you know of - he flooded the forum with posts about teams scoring an early goal. But I am sure you are not referring to him though!
northbound

Speculator_3 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:12 am
I am also wondering what would happen if instead of waiting for a losing team to get all 3 goals back, you would have trade out a part of your stake when the team got 2 goals back? And let the rest of the stake run till the end. Then of course you wouldn't get massive occasional payouts but you'd get more frequent trades that result in small profit... Would you still only end up at break even over a long term period?
You make some good points and the only way to find out is, if you have enough time and patience, to perhaps give it a go, tracking every single trade manually in Excel for a year and see what the numbers say.
Kai

Speculator_3 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:16 am
Kai wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:58 pm

There's also a common theme among top football traders, that (early) 2 goal leads can often create some value as well.
Interesting - could you point me to relevant info? On this forum, there was a poster called "johnnyg" who I'm sure you know of - he flooded the forum with posts about teams scoring an early goal. But I am sure you are not referring to him though!
I guess you might as well use Psychoff as an example again, he posted quite a few 2-0 trade examples, you may even remember some of these games.

https://twitter.com/psychofftrading/sta ... 4155429888

https://twitter.com/psychofftrading/sta ... 1589508096

https://twitter.com/psychofftrading/sta ... 8160994304

Peter also made an example of a 2-0 trade when Belgium played Japan at the World Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNjydODC0f4
Euler

I just downloaded telegram to hook these up again but it doesn't seem to recognise the account?
northbound

Euler wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm
I just downloaded telegram to hook these up again but it doesn't seem to recognise the account?
The channel URL mentioned in the original post has been replaced by another one mentioned a few posts below that.

Here it is:
https://t.me/stupidgoal_alerts
Euler

Thanks, sorry for not reading beyond my nose!
northbound

No probs. BTW, as things stand, there's no need to start any bot, you simply need to join the channel and you'll receive the alerts.

Return to “Football trading”