World cup

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Stewart

Not sure what miracles are needed?

Surely the following 5 players (assuming they are fit) would grace any International team:

Ashley Cole
Rio Ferdinand
Frank Lampard
Stevie Gerrard
Wayne Rooney

I am not saying we will win it but as trading goes I can see us at least in 1/4 finals and will be trading the tournament collapse.

Just as important is that we have a genuine world class coach who is strict (on the players) and is very organised.

Can't wait!
enzabella2009

statistics are against 3rd favorite (ENGLAND) and the favorite ( SPAIN). In many international competitions statitics sometimes are worthless but, NOT IN THE WORLD CUP. I am going to name you all the real teams to beat. BRASIL (7 finals 5 won), GERMANY (7 finals 3 won), ARGENTINA ( 4 finals 2 won) AND ITALY ( 6 finals 4 won).
ENGLAND best achievement was the final in 1966 and 1990 semifinal. SPAIN best achievement is a 4th place in 1950 (60 years ago). The only 2 teams to win the world cup in consecutive session is BRAZIL and ITALY. BRAZIL also played 3 consecutive finals. EUROPEAN NATIONS HAVE never won the world cup outside EUROPE. SOUTH AMERICAN NATIONS have won only once in europe ( BRAZIL in sweden1958). Argentina has the worse coach possible but I still think that among brazil are indeed the top 2 favorites. To highlight 4 factors in europeans favour:
1) FRANCE,ITALY,GERMANY,HOLLAND,SPAIN,ENGLAND,PORTUGAL VS BRAZIL, ARGENTINA.
2) Best coaches available
3) The CLIMATE ( some south african regions have similar climate to most mediterraneum countrys)
4) THE TIME. 1 hour ( 2-3) difference to most european countrys.
Let`s hope but, i still think england need a miracle to win it.
CaerMyrddin

Well, I won't be trading this market, ow will you be trading it? But I think England has a good chance.

This is a quick competition and England has a very strong first team. I fancy Spain, England, Brazil and Netherlands to win the tournament, in this order.

Nevertheless, something I would look to is the origin of the gambles. England and Spain have many punters, which shorten their odds.

Argentina shouldn't be so short. I know, probably the best attack in the tournament, but Maradona isn't really a coach.

I also fancy Mexico as an outsider, not to win but to reach the final stages, Aguirre has done an excellent job.

As soon as Portugal comes home I will be supporting Italy, btw

I hope you get nice profits out there ;)
Stewart

There will many opps both pre-match, tournament collapse and in-play.

Injuries/suspensions to key players will also have an effect on match and outright markets.

This is a world cup in which both the South American and European teams have a level playing field - i.e. no excuses.

Traditionally the England hype has way overestimated our chances but I think the market is about right at the top of the betting. There is always at least one suprise package (Turkey, Cameroon, South Korea etc) so don't be frighted of backing an outsider for a good trade.

Beating Maradonna's Argentina with a Rooney 'hand ball' goal in the final is every English Fans dream!!! :lol:
Iron

In fairness, the ground was wet, so maybe Lampard was concerned that he might slip if he ran up too quickly.

It is slightly concerning though. I remember years ago, Ruud Van Nistlerooy had missed his last penalty. When he stood up to take his next penalty, I thought 'I bet the miss is playing on his mind and he misses this one', and low and behold he did!

Jeff
Bet Angel wrote:Nice to see England miss a penalty just before the world cup starts :roll:
CaerMyrddin

Great swing to Portugal today, as Drogba broke his arm. I had a speculative bet matched at 2.5 with a bookie, so I'm already in profit, although I thought I would happen eventualy, I wasn't expecting it so soon 8-)
booboo

Whats football ! :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

CaerMyrddin

I was going to post that new, but it looks like you were faster.

No chance to Portugal now, Bosingwa and Nani were the soul of our right wing, with both out it's going to be remarkable anything else than qualifying in the group stage...
enzabella2009

Pirlo and Camonaresi also injured. 2 Key players for the italians. We got only one thing left to do. PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY.
P.S. I will post some stats 2morrow. good luck all.
Mug

ARB

How Many Goals Will Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)score At The 2010 World Cup?

Under 2.5 - 1.85 - bwin
3 Or More - 2.62 - PaddyPower
Iron

I'd be wary of a palp - 16% profit on an arb looks a little too good to be true IMHO.

Jeff
Mug wrote:ARB

How Many Goals Will Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)score At The 2010 World Cup?

Under 2.5 - 1.85 - bwin
3 Or More - 2.62 - PaddyPower

Return to “Football trading”