World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

I think they may want to change the hastag for this current match

PERVSDEN
Korattt

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:12 pm

PERVSDEN
think I can remember when United played Fluminense, think it was #MANFLU

on a side note the VAR is ridiculous, watching the Peru v Denmark game at the moment, the Peruvian went down which I could see was a pen straight away, whilst the ball was still in play Denmark could’ve scored, what would’ve happened had Denmark had the same potential decision the other end when the ball goes out of play?, how would the ref under pressure handle that?, two VAR decisions whilst the ball is still in play, you could have several, it’s so wrong
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:53 pm
Euler wrote:

PERVSDEN
think I can remember when United played Fluminense, think it was #MANFLU

on a side note the VAR is ridiculous, watching the Peru v Denmark game at the moment, the Peruvian went down which I could see was a pen straight away, whilst the ball was still in play Denmark could’ve scored, what would’ve happened had Denmark had the same potential decision the other end when the ball goes out of play?, how would the ref under pressure handle that?, two VAR decisions whilst the ball is still in play, you could have several, it’s so wrong
First VAR would be reviewed if a Pen then anything afterward is irrelevant, if not and there was another VAR incident at the other end then that would be looked at, if it was a goal at the other end then it would stand - that's my understanding of it.

I actually think its worked out v.good so far and done its job (the only downside will be the controversial talking points out of a match being debated afterward)
Korattt

for arguments sake, here’s an example, Cahill handballs in the box, Belgium go off their nut as a penalty isn’t given according to the Ref, ball goes down the other end & Cahill either scores or assists in a legitimate goal for England, ball hasn’t gone out of play from one decision to the other, as a goal has gone in with England scoring the ball is now out of play with this a VAR penalty is now awarded to Begium with Cahill sent off for deliberate handball, so Cahill has scored with being sent off, does England’s goal stand?
Naffman

France got a task winning this group

Peru and Denmark look capable of giving anyone a game
Korattt

Naffman wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:32 pm

France were very fortunate earlier, never a pen for France, never in a million years
Dallas

Naffman wrote:

Back on page 1, I picked out Peru as an outsider, looking at there performance today I still fancy them to do well
Dallas

Looking at this year's strips earlier I don't especially like any except for Nigeria's
dt888

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Naffman wrote:

Back on page 1, I picked out Peru as an outsider, looking at there performance today I still fancy them to do well
I think they did well and were unlucky not to get something out of the game

However looking back over the last handful of World Cups less than 10% make it out of their groups having lost their opening game so uphill task for them now
SeaHorseRacing

The Nigerian Tracksuit is beautiful!
SeaHorseRacing

Of all the games so far... Saturday night had to be the most boring game I have seen for some time!!
Dublin_Flyer

Euler wrote:

PERVSDEN
Previous big tournys;
Nig:Ger

I think it was before twitter was a thing though!
JTEDL

can't remember it, but there was a good one with Arsenal not long ago too!
mcgoo

Backed the Argies in the winner's market @11..reasoning was Messi ..last world cup..giving it a go etc...hoping they would drop in a few ticks.Not sure if I let it ride vs Croatia or not :roll: Croatia was my dark horse bet..didn't act on it...bah! :oops:
Decisions decisions
Naffman

Croatia didn't look that good to me

Iceland can definitely make it out of that group

Return to “Football trading”