Cancel a keep bet?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
rik

Hey, hope someone can help with this.

I would like to place pre match keep bets mostly on low priced over/under markets so that if i dont get matched pre match at least i have a good queue position once the match starts.
Say the over/under 5.5 is 1.02/1.03 i would like to have guardian place a back bet at 1.03 but then once the match starts change the bet persistence to "cancel" so I wont get matched after a goal is scored. Am I not getting the settings correct on Guardian or is this generally not possible with the Betfair API? Thank you
Dallas

There isn't an option to change the bet persitance to cancel, but you could try triggering a 'Take SP' rule once its gone in-play.
I'm not 100% sure but suspect that will then cancel at the next suspension.

If it does work one thing to consider is a in-play footiw market will get cancelled lots of times even if no goal has been scored so you could be cancelling your bet for no reason - the only way to know for sure if there was a goal is if the odds move, by which time you bet will likely of been matched
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:59 pm
There isn't an option to change the bet persitance to cancel, but you could try triggering a 'Take SP' rule once its gone in-play.
I'm not 100% sure but suspect that will then cancel at the next suspension.
Can't comment on the BA internals but if you try to change the bet persistence to an invalid state via the api (ie to take sp after an sp has already been declared) then it just returns an error. I'm not sure what would happen for games without an sp, probably return an error too as 'take sp' wouldn't be something you could do.

I'm no football market expert but I thought all bets were cancelled on a market suspension anyway?
rik

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:43 pm

I'm no football market expert but I thought all bets were cancelled on a market suspension anyway?
thannks, no you can select "keep bet" and bet will stay on after a market suspension
edge im trying to get is in queue positioning especially at low prices like 1.05 etc, so i would rather keep unmatched bets than placing a new one at the same price
i suspect changing bet persistence after the match has started is not possible as i tried manually and with other software as well to change to "cancel", if the bet was a keep bet at match start the bet will still stay in the market after a suspension for goal etc and your getting matched at the wrong price, anyone knows a way around that let me know please

Return to “Football trading”