Mayweather V McGregor

sionascaig

Naffman wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 pm
I think if this was GGG or Canelo vs McGregor, then McGregor would be a lot longer than what he is now.

People maybe think Mayweather is too old, I don't think so, he could've gone on another 5 years imo. Maybe they think with all the hype and money surrounding the event that Mayweather will want to lose to get a huge payout for the rematch, again I think he respects his unbeaten record too much.

Not much value in the market but I'd definitely rather be on Mayweather at the prices.

I've been wrong many times mind you ;)
I think you are right: there was £3.5m matched at 1.19 and Mayweathers drifted to 1.27 with around 4.5m matched around that price....

If in doubt probably best to sit on hands )
Archangel

Mayweather probably wins this going the distance. McGregors only real chance is to land a big hit early on, probably first 5 rounds

Mayweather is 1.26 to lay today

If McGregor tags Mayweather early on that price is going to move !
aperson

I know not everyone likes using them but the prices on Matchbook are currently out of sync for any value hunters who want to lay Mayweather. They are also offering a 1% bonus on winning for every round the fight goes, (although I'm not sure if this applies to all customers).
workpeter

back Mayweather easy money.
Archangel

If Mayweather doesnt win this in a canter its a disgrace for boxing tbh
His oponent hasnt even had a professional boxing match before

I hope McGregor bonces Mayweathers head off the canvas
Euler

Not sure what Paddy Power is thinking here: -

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/9 ... 4790079488

Surely can't improve their brand from any perspective, can it? I know they've done it so people talk about them, but can this really work to improve their image?
LeTiss

Can't imagine it will go down well with the Irish either :D
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:18 am
That was my main thought even before the racist aspect
Naffman

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:18 am
Everyone will be talking about PP now though surely?

It's quite funny tbf but I'm sure a lot of lawyers would've been advised before it was tweeted :lol:
Naffman

Mayweather seems to have no problem with it, just a bit of banter to rile up the Irish fans I'm guessing :lol:
mayweather.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonObvious

Amazed to see so many people thinking Mayweather might 'make this close' to justify a rematch. Since Mayweather fought De La Hoya he hasn't stepped into the ring with anybody he thought had a chance of beating him, that's why it took so long for the Pacquiao fight to happen he waited til he was way past his prime. No way Mayweather risks his unbeaten legacy even for mega bucks.

I'd be frankly amazed if McGregor lands a punch, I think it's more likely he loses the plot and throws an elbow and gets disqualified.

Also I think this whole idea that everyone in Ireland is cheering McGregor on is way off the mark, there's a lot here hoping he gets put in his place.
Euler

Betdaq are 1.26 to back and Betfair 1.26 to lay, great arb for premium charge payers.
Naffman

But after PC it'll be like Mayweather is 1.21 to back or 1.31 to lay on Betfair won't it?
weemac

If he loses, then yes, it'll be very bad value for PC payers. If he wins, PC payers will have taken on that risk in order to reduce potential charges.
LeTiss

It's a huge market, that's for sure

Return to “Boxing”