Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
MemphisFlash

yesterdays autobot results
15.07.2017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Why not save yourself the hassle of posting daily p&l shots and post up the last three month one instead.
MemphisFlash

nice steady sunday trading, nothing major.
16.07.17.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

How come your to date is 2 minutes ahead of the time you ran the report 17:37, Memphis? Those times get set when you enter the page so can be behind the time you ran the request but not before, maybe you just use a different browser ;)
Untitled1.png
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm
How come your to date is 2 minutes ahead of the time you ran the report 17:37, Memphis? Those times get set when you enter the page so can be behind the time you ran the request but not before, maybe you just use a different browser ;)

Untitled1.png
:roll:
ruthlessimon

I think people should fake a really really bad p&l maybe -£10,000 over 3 months, make out you've done all these courses & do 10hrs a day researching. people will be far more likely to help :twisted: . I reckon you could get a massive thread going #contrarian

Being egotistical (i.e. posting flashy screens) will just p1$$ 99% of people right off - even if they are genuine.

& if you start struggling, no-one will be there at your side - because they'll just assume you're the finished article - which none of us are. Every trader needs allies, & demonstrating how great you are, turns people right off. I know plenty of pro traders (bf & financial), never seen their p&l's - but I know they're masters at their craft & blow us mortals clear out the water.

Being humble & genuine is an edge that will reward you again & again
jimibt

i just don't get the point tbh... old thread proved the provenance (or otherwise) of the claims. what's new here, other everyone willing to dig deeper into the forensics (for obvious reasons)!! sigh
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm
i just don't get the point tbh... old thread proved the provenance (or otherwise) of the claims. what's new here, other everyone willing to dig deeper into the forensics (for obvious reasons)!! sigh
+1
spreadbetting

I thought ths thread was to get away from the p&l postings and get it back to discussion of trading the dogs, if it's going to slip back into a dubious p&l thread list it may as well be nipped in the bud. That said there's nothing to stop memphis posting his p&l on maybe a more appropriate thread of his own , they're probably just out of place here.
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm
I thought ths thread was to get away from the p&l postings and get it back to discussion of trading the dogs, if it's going to slip back into a dubious p&l thread list it may as well be nipped in the bud. That said there's nothing to stop memphis posting his p&l on maybe a more appropriate thread of his own , they're probably just out of place here.
+1
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm
yes, never any substance to explain WHY we are seeing the numbers. i agree 100%, let's just talk about how we can collectively gain a little knowledge to allow us to party on the dogs. no trade secrets need obviously be divulged, just plain simple observations that can be acted upon simply or in a contrarian way.
Euler

I post the occasional figures and numbers just to show people that I eat my own dog food, excuse the pun. I'm keen to show that but also think it acts as encouragement, but of course, you can never be totally sure. I see fakes all the time but the daft thing is people have tried to call some of my stuff fake, when it clearly isn't. I tend to understate my achievements but only because I want to post what I feel is real and achievable rather than some of the 'out there' things I do.

As for greyhounds since I started up again I haven't had a losing week and things are going really well. So I'd encourage people to use this thread to debate the markets and not argue over whether or not it's possible etc. It's a waste of energy IMHO.
Dallas

I've spent the last few weeks collecting some data and now there's finally a relatively quiet week or so ahead I'm going to dust mine off and set it going again having made a few tweaks from what I've learned recently.

Never tried running a Greyhound bot outside the winter months so I'm keen to see what happens :)
jimibt

it's not (imho) really about posting the odd number here and there. to me, it's about the community pulling in a direction to offer up tips such as *noticed that the gap on the 2nd fave back/lay always tends to get bigger ahead of the 1st fave shortening* etc... there are lots of ways to view market dissemination, from my perspective, i'd like to see this thread steer clear of p&l cum-shots in favour of offering up bite sized (pun intended) words of wisdom that would allow 3 different people to take 3 different paths to solving a problem based on input that isn't gonna give away any edges -only encourage experimentation..

[edit] -lets agree to actively discourage the posting of p&l on this thread. the penalty - severe mocking (oh wait, that already happens) :D
Dinkydid1

:) Hi as a newbie i ask the simple question is thier a way of trading Greyhounds it may be a daft question but don't seem to get the right impession from this thread there is

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”