Southwell 12.20 18th January, 2018 What a joke!!!!!!!

A place to discuss anything.
Atho55

I have no idea how the function of me placing a bet in BA then to BF actually works in detail but in a recent post I made re recording odds, I had noticed that the BA "Inplay" was 2-4 seconds behind the actual start time of the race therefore the actual race is over and the same 2-4 seconds before it is registered on BA. If the result of the race is already known by BF then I would imagine the money to match would not be available. Just a thought and I`m sure some of the boffins on here can offer a more accurate explanation.
Derek27

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm
I don't know how to post a link to a thread back in October 2017 where several of us were discussing stats on laying the field.
Just right-click on the post title (date & time), copy the link location, and paste it in your new post.

This is the thread: viewtopic.php?p=135988#p135988
spreadbetting

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 pm
I have no idea how the function of me placing a bet in BA then to BF actually works in detail but in a recent post I made re recording odds, I had noticed that the BA "Inplay" was 2-4 seconds behind the actual start time of the race therefore the actual race is over and the same 2-4 seconds before it is registered on BA. If the result of the race is already known by BF then I would imagine the money to match would not be available. Just a thought and I`m sure some of the boffins on here can offer a more accurate explanation.
Without knowing where, or how, you're taking these timings from it's hard to say. In simple terms Betfair are supposed to have a guy on course who puts the market inplay and suspends as the winner crosses the line. I've certainly never seen this 2-4 second delay, are you talking about your bets getting to the market or the you watching the race on TV? Not sure how or what you're timestamping to find this difference to be honest.
Derek27

Surely any discrepancy in the clocks would be purely cosmetic ?

If your BA clock is 4 seconds off the actual start time it shouldn't make any difference to the time it takes bets to hit the exchange. Unless you're in a time-warp 4 seconds behind everybody else. :)
Atho55

I record the info via the Bet Angel sheet in Excel which contains the relevant market info including a timer which I suspect is the same time shown on all the BA windows. Alongside this I have my PC time and can take the Actual Race start time from Sporting Life and find exactly when the race started then compare that to the BA time declared as In Play shown sometimes as 00.00.00 or 00.00.01.

Like this
Time delay.png
This looks to be about 3 seconds. So users of BA are firing bets in during those 3 seconds when BF already know the result of the race and that does not include the 1 second delay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Timestamp the next at Chelmsford and I'll do the same, it could easily be down to your code or internal clock
Derek27

If Betfair know the result of a race so does anyone watching the same pictures, it doesn't matter what the clock says. If people are daft enough to place bets on horses that have lost it can only be good news for the rest of us.
spreadbetting

Timestamped at 7:31:59 for me , have to wait to see what Sporting Life say
spreadbetting

Sporting Life have it down as Off time:19:32:03 so looks like I've invented a time machine and 4 seconds ahead of them and at least 7 in front of you :) I think we can probably take Sporting Life's timings with a pinch of salt. I'll see what Paddy Power have as I used to scrape those for someone so assume they're more reliable
Atho55

Timeform have exactly the same winning time Sporting Life. I`m not sure if it`s the BHA who are responsible for the actual race time as their position on this looks a bit vague.
spreadbetting

What time did you have it as? I'd synced my clock before the race so no way was it 4 seconds early
phrenetic

My clock was also synced (it syncs every hour) and I had 7:31:59

My log file says:

Race marked as InPlay at 19:31:58.526
spreadbetting

Yep I just logged when the In Play indicator appeared using excel and Time() , good see to see we both agree so no doubt Sporting Life are just taking any old time, probably off the ATR feed for tonight which is around 5-6 second delay anyways

20:30:39 for this race
spreadbetting

Sporting life have it as Off time:20:30:49, so now they're 10 seconds off :lol:
Atho55

Bet365 have the same off time as Sporting Life to confuse things further

Return to “General discussion”