Question about earnings of Professionals

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:13 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm
I trade millions a week, so I agree, simply not enough money in the markets. :roll: Racing only does about £10bn a year. :P

As has been mentioned elsewhere on the thread its a question of what you are doing. I'd love the markets to be bigger, but for most they are very adequate if you want to have a cumulative total.

Once again. You trade horses, I don't know anything about horses, I don't trade things I don't know anything about.

Also tennis is easly predictable. There are humans playing, not Horses, the facial expressions, the statistics are really important, and they really matters to improve your trading.

How can some horses around the world be predictable? You are simple gambling with MACD, scalping around the book , hoping they do not match your trade when you don't want (causing you losses)
This is gamble. I am not used to play in this way.
Also it's stressful.
Just because you don't know the first thing about horses, don't assume nobody is knowledgeable about them.

All you're doing is demonstrating your lack of understanding about betting. Betting isn't about predicting the result but estimating probabilities to find values. Even the most unpredictable races can have value bets. It's often the unpredictability of races that result in overlooked horses offering good value bets.

It's quite offensive to assume that anyone who trades horse racing just scalps or uses MACD - you're the only person on this forum I know who expressed an interest on MACD when you started a topic asking about it!

If you bother reading the 'Today's Racing' thread you will notice there's a lot of swing trading going on.
Last edited by Derek27 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:30 pm
I can't trade too many match per time, without losing confidence on my trades.

My dream is to stake 10k on a single match, because my trading strategy it does not relay on spreading bets around various matches
How many trades per month do you hope to do?

If the number is below a certain critical mass, you will struggle to overcome variance, ie the natural fluctuations in your results.

Now that you have a winning strategy, you need to find others.

Have you looked at automating the smaller known edges on the hundreds of games that are regularly played? As you know 1 x 1000 is the same as 100 x 10.

Lots of people here run BA bots on multiple games simultaneously without even having to watch the games and then they boost their income on key games like you will. (over to you Dallas :D )

ok, I want to believe you.
Show me the proof of earnings of this bot.
Can I understand how does it work?
Derek27

:lol:
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:30 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:13 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:57 pm
I trade millions a week, so I agree, simply not enough money in the markets. :roll: Racing only does about £10bn a year. :P

As has been mentioned elsewhere on the thread its a question of what you are doing. I'd love the markets to be bigger, but for most they are very adequate if you want to have a cumulative total.

Once again. You trade horses, I don't know anything about horses, I don't trade things I don't know anything about.

Also tennis is easly predictable. There are humans playing, not Horses, the facial expressions, the statistics are really important, and they really matters to improve your trading.

How can some horses around the world be predictable? You are simple gambling with MACD, scalping around the book , hoping they do not match your trade when you don't want (causing you losses)
This is gamble. I am not used to play in this way.
Also it's stressful.
Just because you don't know the first thing about horses, don't assume nobody is knowledgeable about them.

All you're doing is demonstrating your lack of understanding about betting. Betting isn't about predicting the result but estimating probabilities to find values. Even the most unpredictable races can have value bets. It's often the unpredictability of races that result in overlooked horses offering good value bets.

It's quite offensive to assume that anyone who trades horse racing just scalps or uses MACD - your the only person on this forum I know who expressed an interest on MACD when you started a topic asking about it!

If you bother reading the 'Today's Racing' thread you will notice there's a lot of swing trading going on.
I will take a look

Anyway you still don't give me your strategy to bet on horses.

ON what do you base your value odds?
ShaunWhite

Saying 'do you know anything about tennis' to MemphisFlash is absolutely disgraceful and he deserves an apology.

People have been very kind and helpful and your attitude as been consistently disrespectful.
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Show me the proof.
What do you need to know? And what proof do you want?
Euler

Racing is one of few markets you can trade purely. You don't need to know about horses, but you do about people's psychology in a trading market.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:17 pm
How many trades per month do you hope to do?
I do not over trade.

I trade only when I am confident that there is value in an odd.

So when I place a bet I am totally confident of what I am doing, I know when to take profit I know when to exit.

I don't have a ''number of trades''' to make. It doesn't make sense. It could be 100 trades, or one. It depends if there is value in the odd or not
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
That's a question I think we all know the answer to.
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:34 pm
I will take a look

Anyway you still don't give me your strategy to bet on horses.

ON what do you base your value odds?
When I was making money betting on horse racing, my value bets were based on the application of my knowledge and 20 years of experience of horse racing. It wasn't a simple strategy that you can write down on paper - no more than a world champion chess player can write down his strategy and teach anyone to become a champion.

Luca, I know you're trying to find an easy way to make money, but the reality is you can't do it without hard work!

It took me 20 years to become profitable betting on horse racing and you're now thinking of taking a look, with zero knowledge of horse racing. How may days to you think it will take to get profitable?
:lol:
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:

Show me the proof.

I would like to know what kind of strategy uses the bot- MACD?
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:40 pm
Racing is one of few markets you can trade purely. You don't need to know about horses, but you do about people's psychology in a trading market.
Good luck getting involved in this thread. I give it a day and he'll be telling you that you know f all.
MemphisFlash

oh yes, let's all give you the holy grail that has taken many of us years to figure out and create our own individual styles, edges, whatever you want to call it.
my advice is forget everyone else and concentrate and what you want to achieve.
when i started this a few years ago. i was a better on the grand national once a year and maybe the F.A. cup final and Champions League final,
the way i picked my horse was if it had a name relevent to something in my life. I remember backing Party politics in the 1992 grand national.
the only reason i did that was because there was a general election that year.I remember watching the race outside a sports shop on
oxford st with my dad before we went to wembley for a London Monarchs Game. that was all i knew about horses.
these days i can turn my hand to most sports.
i still dont know about horses, but that is my advantage as i do not take into account form, jockey, history, distance etc.
My specialalities are in order.
1. tennis
2. greyhounds.
3. american football,
4 soccer.
5 horse racing.
6. any other sport.

now from my background my thing should be soccer followed by american football (used to play for Leicester Panthers back in the 80's)
it is only through Bet Angel that i have to appreaciate other sports and i never thought i'd be making thousands from tennis as my number one sport.
you are limiting your success to what you know.
Open your eyes and try something different, you never know where that path may lead you.
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucacrebbe

Euler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:40 pm

It's a little bit vague... ''people psicology''... what does it mean?

I have traded forex, in forex you use MACD, VIX, ONBALANCE VOLUME... so trading horses if you say you have not to know anything about them... I would say that you have to follow the weight of money

Once again: I don't believe in any tecnic Indicators!!

If TA (Tecnical analisis) would have been effective, every single trader on eart would have been rich.
Last edited by Lucacrebbe on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:

Show me the proof.
A P/L screenshot and bank statement should suffice. :lol:

Return to “General discussion”