Australian racing

The sport of kings.
PDC

Yes looking forward to it, 9th Feb is the first really big Saturday then about 4 months of really good Saturday's.

Some high temperatures in Oz at the moment, Sydney is set to be 34 degree on Saturday, not really racing friendly.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:52 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:44 pm
Will be really picking up again soon as we head into February.
Do you trade the NSW courses? (Given the MBR and the Turnover Charge)
Is that chart up to date?

I've been paying 7% at Canberra (ACT).
PDC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Yes, there are no reasons not to as long as you keep under the 25 NSW markets a week you don't pay any turnover charge and I don't really pay any attention to the MBR as it is largely irrelvant when you factor in Premium Charge.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:56 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Yes, there are no reasons not to as long as you keep under the 25 NSW markets a week you don't pay any turnover charge and I don't really pay any attention to the MBR as it is largely irrelvant when you factor in Premium Charge.
10% is slightly more expensive because the PC calculation only credits you for half the commission you pay, but the way some NSW meetings trade more than makes up for it.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:05 pm
PDC wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:56 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
10% is slightly more expensive because the PC calculation only credits you for half the commission you pay, but the way some NSW meetings trade more than makes up for it.
thx you two. I figured that might be the case. I automate the Oz stuff so I'd do 25+ easily, but then again i'm blissfully untroubled by pc so if there's low hanging fruit to be had then perhaps I'll give them a spin.
Derek27

Make sure you stop before you reach the NSW markets limit because the turnover charge would likely wipe out any profit you make (1.2% of total back stakes).
Derek27

Off to a decent start at Kensington, aka Randwick.
PDC

Slow start here so far.

Available on BFLV despite this week being told by BF this week are:

Caulfield (VIC)
Gawler (SA)

'They have gotten in touch with us, and have advised us that we unfortunately do not supply live video for Australian races until after 6am, which is why no live video was provided for the races you mentioned.

I have also asked our streaming team to confirm why certain pre-6am Australian races may have live streaming available, and would like to assure you that we will be in touch as soon as we have a reply. Unfortunately, however, we will not be able to disclose why we are generally unable to provide live streaming for such races at these times.

I have also asked the relevant team to look into the issue of live streaming being advertised for such races when this is not available, and would like to assure you that the issue is being looked into.'

Despite the following tracks showing as having BFLV available it isn't loading, can anyone in Oz check for me to see if the LV is working for them please and update the thread:

Ipswich (QLD)
Albury (NSW)
Ascot (WA)
Derek27

Been a good night so far at Randwick but feeling under the weather and calling it a night. :(
PDC

Very quiet on here, guessing Peter is skipping the session and no Ozzies about that can check the BFLV?

Markets have been quite good, better than I expected, nice scalping fare. No big wins but nice and consistent results which are adding up well.

Edit: Looks like we were posting at exactly the same time Derek, hope you feel better later for the UK racing, looks like it is just me left.
Derek27

I've caught a cold today but I'll have a better idea when I wake up this morning whether I'll live or die - I'm in limbo at the moment. ;)
PDC

I will put the undertakers on standby #prayforderek ;)
Lutruwita

Only USA for Betfair Live Video for us Aussies...
PDC

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 am
Thanks for that do you know why? Is it a rights issue?

Are the courses I listed in my previous post showing as having LV availble for you on the Betfair website despite it not working or do they not show as having LV on the Aus BF website?

I still can't figure out any reason or pattern as to why some are availble in the UK while others aren't and BF won't tell me either.
Lutruwita

PDC wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:55 am
Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 am
Thanks for that do you know why? Is it a rights issue?

Are the courses I listed in my previous post showing as having LV availble for you on the Betfair website despite it not working or do they not show as having LV on the Aus BF website?

I still can't figure out any reason or pattern as to why some are availble in the UK while others aren't and BF won't tell me either.
No courses show anything mate. I assume its a rights issue with Sky Racing.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”