5 second delay on most events from cricket to tennis etc...

paulamaxgrace

I have noticed since around early December 2010 that BF has introduced a 5 second delay on most Australian events...

"Any bet placed is delayed by 5 or 6 seconds before it is placed into the market!!"

Do any UK traders experience this same 5 second delay before your trade/bet is placed into the market?

So for match's like the recent Ashes cricket match's or the current T20 or ODI's do you have the same 5 second delay when trading from the UK? How about for those off you who are trading the Heineken Tennis in Auckland NZ or thinking of trading the Australian Open... again is this 5 second delay applicable to you?

Any Aussies trading via VPN do you also suffer this 5 second delay?

To Peter & the team at BetAngel would using the BA VPN service do away with this 5 second delay?

Would having a UK domiciled Betfair account help?

Looking for any & all suggestions on how to avoid this additional time delay as introduced by Betfair... Just another thing to deter traders....

Interested as I trade from New Zealand & combined with the charges (premium + normal commission's) this has about done (the straw that breaks the camels back) it for me for me and are finally now considering changing to the lower volume Betdaq market.
Euler

I didn't think you could bet in-play in Austrailia?

If you do bet inplay all events are subject to a delay of one sort or another.
CaerMyrddin

I'm surprised that there was no delay, I've been around for some time now and didn't know betfair didn't delay the bets on some inplay markets. Unfortunately :lol:

Return to “Australian”