bupa 10k manchester

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jimrobo

If you are watching tomorrow look out for me!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Good luck, I'll be doing a local race so I'll be with you in spirit.

Looking forward to you stripping off when Jedward win the Eurovision later ;)
jimrobo

someone told me they are now 2nd favourites!!!! oh dear!!

I did 3k on the treadmill yesterday in the boat. I got some majorly funny looks! And I only just fit on the treadmill!
LeTiss

Euler wrote:Good luck, I'll be doing a local race so I'll be with you in spirit.
Are you running the Woodley 10k in Reading?
Euler

No there is a 2.5, 6 & 10m event in Hook.
Euler

Good luck today. Set the sky box to record the race and will see if I can spot you a bit later!

Good luck to Darren Hall who is also running in the same race.
jimrobo

51:53 took it very easy all round and soaked up the atmosphere. Saw a couple of tv cameras!

Hope your run went well Peter!
Euler

Well done!

I recorded the race and watched it back but couldn't see you unfortunately. I did find your time on the results section. Glad to see the Manchester weather lived up to expectations! In contrast I managed to get sun-burnt on my run.

I did OK but my legs are too old now, I just can't get them working properly any more! Time for some physio.
jimrobo

I paced one of my friends round as she wanted to do it in 55 so I just took it easy. Could have broke 50 on my own I think.

Shame about the tv I was pretty popular on the way round!

The weather was typical manchester! It is great running conditions though. Cool and the odd shower. I wouldn't have fancied sun with my outfit on! I was hot as it was!
sweetybt

jimrobo wrote:I paced one of my friends round as she wanted to do it in 55 so I just took it easy. Could have broke 50 on my own I think.
I have heard that so many times. Why pace a friend around rather than test yourself. Be true to yourself man.

I would ask if it was worth your sacrifice but don't wish to be accused of anything :?
jimrobo

ha ha well actually I was going to leave her around 5k but I felt quite bad as she was trying to keep up so I thought sod it I'm not that bothered about time I'll just run it in and enjoy the atmosphere!

Enjoyed it much more than last year when I was pushing myself all the way and 51 isn't too bad really considering I was in a boat!!
sweetybt

Fair enough JR.

51 in a boat is very impressive. Especially as you were probably chatting a fair bit.
jimrobo

Yeh pretty much all the way round! And I had some serious flag waving!

The numbers have your name on this year so everyone was shouting names as you run past was a great idea!

Return to “Chill Out Area”