Excel Trading Strategy

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
rusdo

Hi there,

in the BetAngel UsersGuide I read a very interesting strategy about laying horses, when they are at odds of 1.95.
It is done through settings in the "rules".
So if 2 horses drop under the odds of 2.0 you are (if your bet is matched) guaranteed to have a "green book" and at least a little profit. So far so good.
By only following the strategy does not always lead to success, because if you just make you settings "inplay" and only one horse reaches the magic odds and the rest of the field is far behind...I think you got it...
I want to do a trial and use the Excel-funtionality and to set up rules like this_
If 2 or more horses are between odds of 2.0 to 2.3, than place a laybet on this horses at odds of 1.95. The sense is simply to improve the chances, that some horses drop under 2.0.
Anyone any idea how to realize it with Excel?
(if 2 or more horses are at odds between 2.0-2.3, lay at odds of 1.95, else do nothing)
Suggestions for improving the strategy also highly appreciated. (Dear native speaker...I tried to do my very best...I know, my english is sometimes strange :roll: )
chipping

You could construct for each runner a statement
IF LAY ODDS LESS THAN 2.5 SET VALUE TO BE 1, ELSE 0

Then sum them all up. If you get a value grater than 1, then you have more than 1 runner lower than 2.5
rusdo

Thanks, thats it!
andydouce

Hi

Pleased I saw the post as the strategy was something i had read about and tried to implement.
Anyway i added a field onto the BA excel sheet to flag up if >1 runner drops below 2.5, then lay the every selection @ 1.95. The trigger works but often i`m only getting 1 bet matched even though results show several runners prices dropping below 1.95.

Any ideas?

Also I`ve found i`m getting better matches using the solo BA sheet than the multiple sheet (thought i could load 10-15 markets and just leave it :-( ). Could my problem be down to refresh rates?

Thanks
Andy

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”