7% Base

Driftspite

Hi,

We are writing to inform you that the Market Base Rate (MBR) on all South Australian Thoroughbred racing markets is changing to 7% as of 1 July 2023.

This MBR increase is designed to ensure our product offering will remain sustainable across the entire exchange platform.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact us via Live Chat since this is an immediate tool and is our primary method of communication. Our inbound email inboxes are not monitored and therefore it is not advised to reply on this thread.

Kind regards,

Betfair

Really - surely this will drive people away from this market and lower income for Betfair - I make good ££ from AU but this may hit that hard. I think loss of liquidity will be worse than increase in commission for me (as I pay higher rate PC).

What are they thinking?
Euler

I haven't followed this closely, but it's probably to do with local changes. Which Betfair would have to cover themselves.
Driftspite

Looks like no change in tax rate since 2017:

The betting operations tax, effective from 1 July 2017, is a consumption tax of 15% on the Net State Wagering Revenue (NWR) of betting companies offering services to South Australia.
Michael5482

Australia are in the middle of a gambling inquiry. I've not kept fully up to date with it but I read yesterday that within the plans there looking to:

Completely ban online gambling advertising within 3 years
Introduce a modest bet limit so it's illegal for bookmakers to refuse a bet
Ban affiliates
Establish national regulation not regional
If your in credit/can prove income then can bet away until your hearts content

Maybe there's some Australian users who can give us the full SP but it does sound more on the positive side for Aussie gamblers.
Anbell

Driftspite wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:31 pm
Hi,

We are writing to inform you that the Market Base Rate (MBR) on all South Australian Thoroughbred racing markets is changing to 7% as of 1 July 2023.

This MBR increase is designed to ensure our product offering will remain sustainable across the entire exchange platform.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact us via Live Chat since this is an immediate tool and is our primary method of communication. Our inbound email inboxes are not monitored and therefore it is not advised to reply on this thread.

Kind regards,

Betfair

Really - surely this will drive people away from this market and lower income for Betfair - I make good ££ from AU but this may hit that hard. I think loss of liquidity will be worse than increase in commission for me (as I pay higher rate PC).

What are they thinking?
This increase is only for the State of South Australia, which is a small % of the australian market

Return to “Australian”