Bespoke Servant

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Tuco

I'm always finding that I'd like to create a bespoke servant which typically does what a couple of standard servants do.

A servant I'd like to create is a combination of:

Reduce Liability with Greening
Spread Exit - Back or Lay with Greening
Close Selection with Greening at Reverse Price

What I'd like a servant to do is the following:

I'd like the servant to be able to exit the market with greening at the chosen odds, with each line created having a percentage of the greening stake amount, so multiple lines at different prices with greening would entirely green the selection if/once all closing lines are matched.

Therefore if the chosen closing percentage was 25%, then if 4 lines are created to fire in at 4 different odds, ie reverse price, reverse price +/- 2 ticks, reverse price +/- 4 ticks, reverse price +/- 6 ticks, then if/once all those bets are matched the selection would be closed with greening.

Surely BA can easily work out how to do this. At all different odds it can display the greening profit/loss and easily calculate the greening stake. If the reverse odds were 5.0 and the greening display on a selection shows a profit of say £20.00 and the net back stake on that selection is £100, then a full 100% greening would fire in a £120 close at 5.0 to generate a £20 all green profit. The servant I would like to create would be able to fire in a stake at the percentage chosen of the greening stake. So in the above example, if I wanted to generate 4 closing stakes at different odds I would be able to select 25% of the greening close stake, so at say 5.0 it would fire in 25% of £120, therefore £30 greening stake and similarly at the other prices created, so perhaps £31.25 at 6.0 and so on...

The stake parameter would basically be 'percentage of servant context greening stake'.

(After creating a servant to do this, I'd like to also then create one to do the same across all selections.)

What I don't want the servant to do is to green the selection AFTER it has closed the stakes on the selection - I'd like it to do the greening as it goes along.

Is this Servant possible Dallas? TIA :)
Dallas

Short answer is there isn't a way of including a greening percentage amounts at each exit price like you've asked, you'd need to just exit a percentage then do the greening at the end with the last exit
Tuco

Many thanks for your prompt reply Dallas.

I thought this was currently the case - wonder if it is either feasible or something others would also like incorporated into a future version?

One way might be to have a user settable percentage box at the top of the trade profit column on the ladder (next to the cancel bets box) which would allow the user to select the percentage of either net stake (when the greening scales are checked) or net stake with greening (when the greening scales is unchecked).

In that way the user could set the percentage and if set to 25% fire in 4 separate manual bets. Currently it fires in 100% of the net stake with greening when the scales are unchecked.

Food for thought perhaps?

Thanks again Dallas :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”