Which is back money and which is lay money in traded volume column?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
salty55

I have recently begun looking at pre off horse racing on the ladder interface and I've watched countless of Peter's videos but I am still struggling to understand in the traded volume column which is back money and which is lay money? Can someone help please?
jamesedwards

I don't know exactly which screen you are referring to, but generally you need back money to match lay money for a trade to happen, so it always will need to be both.
Archery1969

salty55 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:52 pm
I have recently begun looking at pre off horse racing on the ladder interface and I've watched countless of Peter's videos but I am still struggling to understand in the traded volume column which is back money and which is lay money? Can someone help please?
I would have thought that half is back money and half is lay money.
jamesedwards

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:02 pm
salty55 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:52 pm
I would have thought that half is back money and half is lay money.
The Betfair traded volume is matched back value + matched laid value.

So if you match a back bet of £10 @ 5.0 then total traded volume would be £20.
salty55

Thanks for helping.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”