Do you have a good idea how a market will go…

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Stavros wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:21 pm
I disagree with you here Derek. It’s sad that someone who comes on to this forum has such a negative view of many of the posters here that they feel they need to say please don’t reply if you are going to give smart patronising comments.
People can either read my comment and think I want to offer advice and make this guy realise there are decent people here or they can ignore me or make smart comments and re-affirm my opinion of this forum.
It is a shame as I am really interested in pre race trading and are these the sort of people who share a similar passion to me?
When somebody has a negative view of a forum, the negativity could be in the forum or the mind of that person.

Trading is a harsh environment where newbies (and we all were newbies once) can literally get beaten up by the market. It's no place for thin-skinned traders. ;)

You've obviously heard many times, the advice, never let trades go in-play. Of course there are exceptions, but most experienced traders, especially the ones who trade large amounts for small margins would not dream of doing it. If you start a thread, as a newbie, challenging more experience traders over basic trading, you should be expecting and be prepared for a bit of a backlash.

I've had a look back at that thread, everybody politely disagreed with you, absolutely no piss-taking, not even from me. You accused Anbell of being hostile, which may be why he thought he was one of the tossers you were referring to. I'm just suggesting that those smart patronising comments may really be just smart comments, without any intention to patronise.
Stavros

They are fair points. This is however my second username, I set up a new account after having bad experiences first time around.

How about the post I started ‘Do you primarily trade the favourite?’

To which I had replies:
Can I respectfully ask - you are just trolling us right?

You bought someone else’s software and took someone else’s course? But you want help here?

And:
You're not painting a very good impression of Caan or GT, if you're here still asking for help :lol:

No doubt you've got a course booked with Tony H too? :lol:

Are you telling me they are not two tossers?
Derek27

Stavros wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:16 am
They are fair points. This is however my second username, I set up a new account after having bad experiences first time around.

To which I had replies:

You bought someone else’s software and took someone else’s course? But you want help here?

And:
You're not painting a very good impression of Caan or GT, if you're here still asking for help :lol:

So you thought changing your name will change the responses you get? If that worked I'd change my name every time I ask a girl out!

As I said in my previous post, trading is a harsh environment and if you're overly sensitive about feedback, you'd have as much chance of surviving as you would in the army.
gazuty wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:11 am

The second sentence was key. Gazuty was just pointing out the irony of purchasing rival software and Caan Berry's course (who isn't very popular here), but asking for help here instead of using his own forum or helpline.

LeTiss's comment is absolutely sound as well. If Caan's course is any good, why do you need to come here to ask for help with it?
Kai

Stavros wrote:
No, certain influencers are a sensitive subject for traders, I thought Euler/Peter cleared it up well there : viewtopic.php?p=336362#p336362

I can see where you're coming from and it's unfortunate your threads got off on the wrong foot but no use carrying a chip on your shoulder since people just call things how they see it.

It's true that sometimes people forget how easy it is to sell something to someone new, but doesn't mean they're a "lost cause" because of it, it's never too late to educate yourself.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:07 am
Stavros wrote:
No, certain influencers are a sensitive subject for traders, I thought Euler/Peter cleared it up well there : viewtopic.php?p=336362#p336362

I can see where you're coming from and it's unfortunate your threads got off on the wrong foot but no use carrying a chip on your shoulder since people just call things how they see it.

It's true that sometimes people forget how easy it is to sell something to someone new, but doesn't mean they're a "lost cause" because of it, it's never too late to educate yourself.
It's annoying when mud gets chucked around in a thread, we all get dirty except Shaun, who comes out squeaky clean. :lol:
Stavros

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:53 am
Stavros wrote:

To which I had replies:

And:

So you thought changing your name will change the responses you get? If that worked I'd change my name every time I ask a girl out!

As I said in my previous post, trading is a harsh environment and if you're overly sensitive about feedback, you'd have as much chance of surviving as you would in the army.
gazuty wrote:

The second sentence was key. Gazuty was just pointing out the irony of purchasing rival software and Caan Berry's course (who isn't very popular here), but asking for help here instead of using his own forum or helpline.

LeTiss's comment is absolutely sound as well. If Caan's course is any good, why do you need to come here to ask for help with it?
The reality is Derek, I followed Caan Berry on YouTube as I am into sports betting. It was seeing one of Caan’s videos about pre race trading that got me interested in looking into it and so I bought the video course. The messageboard on Caan’s site is very quiet so I then searched online for other forums which is when I found this.

So what you and others are saying is that because I purchased Caan Berry’s video course and purchased Geeks Toy before even knowing about Bet Angel that I’m basically trolling and taking the piss coming here asking questions.

I mean wow, that’s really something. Should have a sticky thread - you’re not welcome here if you’ve purchased Caan Berry’s training course or Geeks Toy even if you never knew about Bet Angel. Well at least I know.
Stavros

Oh and when did I say Caan Berry’s course was good? I thought it was poor, so I don’t get why you think Le Tiss’ comments were valid there either.
But you’ve made it very clear, I’m not welcome here.
Anbell

Stavros wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 am
Oh and when did I say Caan Berry’s course was good? I thought it was poor, so I don’t get why you think Le Tiss’ comments were valid there either.
You are welcome here.

Sometimes it's a good idea not to respond to every comment. That way madness lies.
Derek27

Stavros wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:31 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:53 am
Stavros wrote:

To which I had replies:

And:

gazuty wrote:

The reality is Derek, I followed Caan Berry on YouTube as I am into sports betting. It was seeing one of Caan’s videos about pre race trading that got me interested in looking into it and so I bought the video course. The messageboard on Caan’s site is very quiet so I then searched online for other forums which is when I found this.

So what you and others are saying is that because I purchased Caan Berry’s video course and purchased Geeks Toy before even knowing about Bet Angel that I’m basically trolling and taking the piss coming here asking questions.

I mean wow, that’s really something. Should have a sticky thread - you’re not welcome here if you’ve purchased Caan Berry’s training course or Geeks Toy even if you never knew about Bet Angel. Well at least I know.
A few hours ago I was a tosser that you didn't want to hear from, but now you're happily chatting to me. It does go to show, you shouldn't be too quick to judge people.

It wasn't me that asked if you're trolling or suggested you're taking the piss and nobody said you're not welcome on this forum. The irony, which you probably didn't get, is that Caan Berry isn't held in high esteem on this forum so it raised a few eyebrows that you're asking for advice about his course instead of just asking the forum for advice. If he's taken your money and his message board is "very quiet", presumably meaning you can't ask a question and get an answer, nobody else will be able to help you with it unless they've also purchased that course.
Derek27

Stavros wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 am
LeTiss's comments were sarcastic, a pop at Caan Berry and anyone purchasing his courses, not specifically at you and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

If you think he's a tosser, I would actually agree with you if we're talking politics. But if you're talking about trading I'm sure he knows his stuff and is worth listening to. :)
Kai

Stavros wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:31 am
Nonsense, most people on here have seen his guides one way or another, one of his clickbait videos is how I found out about the betting exchange as well (that's how clickbait vids work), while Derek27 here who has the most posts on this forum has used the GT software for years. I see people came from "rival" forums as well, so it's not really as tribalistic as it seems.

But sometimes that's first impressions in a nutshell! Those guides sound good at first but are they really more than just scalping tutorials for outdated markets. People may sound like "tossers" at first but are they really.

That's good advice from Anbell there not to get baited into responding to every random comment, there is plenty of differing and even conflicting opinion as it is a public forum after all, so not every comment should be generalized like that as it doesn't represent everyone.

But you're certainly welcome to your opinion just like you're welcome to the forum.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”