How do I automatically green up before off?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Fugazi

How do I get bet angel to cash out for me before the off? Ideally a few minutes before...
to75ne

have you read the manual? if not why not?
Fugazi

to75ne wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm
From start to finish? No

I tried searching the manual however and must have been looking up the wrong terms
to75ne

how about trying again and possibly searching this forum (the search facility works very well).

the penny will drop a lot quicker if you put some effort into it rather then hoping someone else will do the leg work for you.

getting b.a to green/red up before the off automatically if not difficult to do.
Fugazi

to75ne wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:43 pm
how about trying again and possibly searching this forum (the search facility works very well).

the penny will drop a lot quicker if you put some effort into it rather then hoping someone else will do the leg work for you.

getting b.a to green/red up before the off automatically if not difficult to do.
Fair enough. Got the basics and been having too much fun. Will have a read properly this weekend
Derek27

Fugazi wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:38 pm
to75ne wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm
From start to finish? No

I tried searching the manual however and must have been looking up the wrong terms
I read the manual from start to finish, just skipping the chapters that I knew I wouldn't be using. It only took a few hours and it's well worth it. Saves a lot of time in the long run.
Dallas

Fugazi wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:53 pm
to75ne wrote:

Fair enough. Got the basics and been having too much fun. Will have a read properly this weekend
Its well worth a read of the manual, its broken into sections so you don't need to read it cover to cover in one go, just look at the section relating to what you are currently doing, as to75ne said its very easy to set up requiring just one rule

And also as mentioned if looking for a ready-made example either to check your work against or you just need something quickly doing and 'advanced search' of the forum (by clicking the cog icon) next to the search box you can search for topic titles were using something like 'green up at off' you'd find
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11361

Or to look through all the ready made automation files you can find them in this section
viewforum.php?f=43
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:50 am
Fugazi wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:53 pm
to75ne wrote:

Its well worth a read of the manual, its broken into sections so you don't need to read it cover to cover in one go, just look at the section relating to what you are currently doing, as to75ne said its very easy to set up requiring just one rule

And also as mentioned if looking for a ready-made example either to check your work against or you just need something quickly doing and 'advanced search' of the forum (by clicking the cog icon) next to the search box you can search for topic titles were using something like 'green up at off' you'd find
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11361

Or to look through all the ready made automation files you can find them in this section
viewforum.php?f=43
i'll second that. altho it can be *boring* reading thro the manual, on many occasions it'll get you moving faster thro your journey, rather than waiting for forum suggestions (which in simple cases such as this, will simply be a pointer to review the manual). Also, the numerous example rules files can be a great starting point for the learning journey. many of those contain the basics such as greening up etc...

you sound like you want to succeed and a crucial part of that journey involves the basic self help legwork, which i'm certain you're not shy of..
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:00 am
i'll second that. altho it can be *boring* reading thro the manual,
Excluding Famous Five books, I've read about 5 novels in my lifetime (including Stig of the Dump) and I can't honestly say any of them were more interesting than reading the Bet Angel manual.

By far, the most exciting book I've read, I think it was called, Windows 2000 Server Inside and Out. :mrgreen:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”