Rule to only keep unmatched Lay bets in play

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
bbran19

I am a very conservative scalper/trader and place my bets manually.

i select a horse likely to plunge - before or after the jump - so I wait for my BACK bid to be matched before place my greened value LAY bid.

I place a few scalps each race so I need to keep all my greened value LAY bids (which have a matched back bid) in play before and after the jump.

It is easy to create an automation rule to keep ALL unmatched bets in play but I am unable to create a rule that only keeps all unmatched LAY bids in play.

I would prefer my unmatched BACK bids to cancel on the jump as they do not have a greening lay bet.

Thank for your help.

Bob
Derek27

bbran19 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:31 pm
I am a very conservative scalper/trader and place my bets manually.

i select a horse likely to plunge - before or after the jump - so I wait for my BACK bid to be matched before place my greened value LAY bid.

I place a few scalps each race so I need to keep all my greened value LAY bids (which have a matched back bid) in play before and after the jump.

It is easy to create an automation rule to keep ALL unmatched bets in play but I am unable to create a rule that only keeps all unmatched LAY bids in play.

I would prefer my unmatched BACK bids to cancel on the jump as they do not have a greening lay bet.

Thank for your help.

Bob
One possibility off the top of my head, instead of clicking on the ladder to green up your bets, you could use a servant to place a greenup bet at the context price, and set it to "keep", placing your back bets as normal so they get cancelled at the off.
bbran19

Many thanks for you time Derek. You are correct. I can do that. But am looking for a rule because, like the boofhead I am, I sometimes forget to do it for ALL the lay bids I have added.

And I prefer to have the option to move my lay bids up and down if needed.

My current rule works for all bids, and then I go through and manually cancel all the unmatched back bids in the hope they are not matched after the jump.

I was hoping for a condition I can apply to my automation rule that applies it to only LAY bids.
Dabbla

You can use the rule (Cancel unmatched bets on selection (Price dependent))
Set the parameters to Back bets only and add the condition the market is Inplay.

You also have a rule ( KEEP unmatched bets on selection (Price dependent). You could just set that to keep the lay bets only.
bbran19

Thank you for your time Dabbla,

I like your suggestions. However based on my data I manually select the best lay bid for each situation. Sometimes it is 40% below my back bid and sometimes it is 15% - based on the conditions of the horse in the race.

So I select the price dependent option and set that for lay bets. GREAT!

But which option can I use the keep the lay bid I have manually placed in the table for all my selections.

I can't see anything in the PARAMETERS that allows me to choose the my values, which may be different for different horses and in fact different bids for the same horse.
jamesedwards

I think I would 'keep all unmatched bets' and then cancel the ones you don't want as soon as the race goes in-play using any relevant conditions.
bbran19

That is a good manual option for my betting style, James.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”