TPD and TSD have agreed to a Merger

The sport of kings.
lotora

Live horse racing data companies Total Performance Data (TPD) and TripleSdata (TSD) have agreed to a merger.

https://europeangaming.eu/portal/latest ... rk-merger/
https://igamingbusiness.com/sports-bett ... ies-merge/
ilovepizza82

So TPD will now be able to cover more tracks ?
Thosefoxpeople

Ah, so this is why TripleS went radio silent just as I was about to sign a contract for their AU data 🤦‍♂️

I imagine this will pretty much kill tracksiding in AU now, especially with the new NZ endpoint.
Euler

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:52 am
So TPD will now be able to cover more tracks ?
Guess so, but I haven't see anything about the scope or practicalities of this.
jamesedwards

#veryexcited if this ends up with Bet Angel TPD data being added for Australian racing.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:16 pm
#veryexcited if this ends up with Bet Angel TPD data being added for Australian racing.
Suppose that's very likely. According to ChatGPT:

- TripleSdata (TSD) provides coverage for several racetracks in Australia. Specifically, they have an agreement with Racing Victoria to provide enhanced sectional timing and tracking for Victorian racing. This includes major Melbourne metropolitan racetracks like Caulfield, Flemington, The Valley, and Ladbrokes Park (Sandown).

Additionally, TSD has partnered with Racing Queensland to introduce sectional timings across various racecourses in Queensland. This includes thoroughbred clubs in locations such as Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, and Townsville. Furthermore, the Brisbane Racing Club had already implemented TSD's technology earlier.

Thus, TSD covers a significant number of racetracks in Australia, particularly in Victoria and Queensland, enhancing the racing experience with their advanced tracking and timing solutions.
Thosefoxpeople

Just be aware that the TSD data isn't as accurate as TPD (really prone to overestimating horses coming down the outside in close finishes especially the Sydney tracks). Good product though, hopefully a bit of TPD polish and will be even better.
Trader23

Will be an interesting decision if that eventuates as the liquidity for in running markets in Australia is extremely poor. I wonder if they will bother / cost of set up etc.
lotora

Trader23 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:56 pm
Will be an interesting decision if that eventuates as the liquidity for in running markets in Australia is extremely poor. I wonder if they will bother / cost of set up etc.
They already bother in the USA, where the liquidity is even poorer!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”