Bot to Id Gaps in Back Book

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
kenfrost

Hi

I have seen this subject raised some years ago at various times, and see answers that relate to the spread between back and lay books. However, I haven't seen any thread that actually provides an answer to the question how to build a bot that identifies gaps in the back book only (aside from some hints, or references to excel etc that go above my head).

Is there actually a way to do this on Guardian?

My current thoughts are along these lines

Store the following values

best back price
best back prices less 1
best back price less 2
best back price less 3

Identify if there is a gap there by setting a rule that checks if there is money on each of these values, where the mid 2 have zero then that is the gap.

The problem being that this only works (in theory) if there is a gap in the top of the market at the best price.

My thoughts on how to tackle this would be to set rules that id and store the above prices in certain ranges eg less than 2, between 2 and 3 etc.

If that worked the next issue would be that to place the bet you would need only one of those ranges to have a gap, the problem being that I can't see how to set a rule on guardian that allows for one condition only to be met out of series of possible conditions.

Would I need to build multiple bots for each range then have them run concurrently for each market?

Does any of this make any sense?

Advice, tips and thoughts welcome.

Thanks
jamesedwards

Here you go. This will fill any gap, on all selections, between current price and 20 ticks below on the back side with a £1 lay bet. Feel free to bastardise this as you wish. :mrgreen:

Make sure you use practise mode while you are checking this and testing your amendments as it has the potential to place practically an unlimited number of bets if you remove certain conditions.

test.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenfrost

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:16 pm
Here you go. This will fill any gap, on all selections, between current price and 20 ticks below on the back side with a £1 lay bet. Feel free to bastardise this as you wish. :mrgreen:

Make sure you use practise mode while you are checking this and testing your amendments as it has the potential to place practically an unlimited number of bets if you remove certain conditions.

test.baf
Thank you.
I haven't tested or messed with it yet, it looks far more elegant than my Heath Robinson concept :)
jamesedwards

kenfrost wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:14 am
jamesedwards wrote:

test.baf
Thank you.
I haven't tested or messed with it yet, it looks far more elegant than my Heath Robinson concept :)
It simply starts an SV off at 1.01 (rule1), then cycles through increasing the SV by one tick every time (rule3).

It triggers a lay bet (rule2) at every tick where the relevant conditions are met. (Currently set to where the SV has £0 available and is between 19 and 1 ticks below current best back price).
Last edited by jamesedwards on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenfrost

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:25 pm
kenfrost wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:14 am
jamesedwards wrote:

test.baf
Thank you.
It simply starts an SV off at 1.01 (rule1), then cycles through increasing the SV by one tick every time (rule3).

It triggers a lay bet (rule2) at every tick where the relevant conditions are met. (Currently set to where the SV has £0 available and is between 20 and 1 ticks below current best back price).
as I say, it's elegant :)
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:

test.baf
Thanks for that James. I never thought of using that technique. :D

Return to “Support”