Seeking Guidance on Refining My Football Scalping Strategy

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
beginnertrader

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm
beginertrader was never a good choice of username because you'll be stuck with it; you can't change it to advancedtrader or experttrader!
Definitely didn't think this one through :)
beginnertrader

I'm trying to be very methodology oriented.
It could be really cool if someone could provide a "step by step" process of your scalping strategy. In-play/pre-play doesn't matter, just to make it structured
Fugazi

beginertrader wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm
beginertrader was never a good choice of username because you'll be stuck with it; you can't change it to advancedtrader or experttrader!
Definitely didn't think this one through :)
Can't even change it to beginnertrader....
Michael5482

beginertrader wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:30 pm
I'm trying to be very methodology oriented.
It could be really cool if someone could provide a "step by step" process of your scalping strategy. In-play/pre-play doesn't matter, just to make it structured
No one will give you a definitive answer because that's where peoples edge's lie. My scalping strategy will be different to Kai's and both different to two other people's as we'll enter under different circumstances, at different times possibly for different reasons but may have key characteristic's in common like letting the market do the work because that's what scalping is in it's rawest form in and out quick as a flash soaking up money coming into the market to take your entry and exit.

So with that in mind people are chucking daft fivers in here and there, the market isn't moving someone is holding the price up with a big bet is this a good time to scalp? No. People are chucking tons in, money is piling on both sides of the book the market is bouncing about is this a good time to scalp? Yes

Like with most things nothing comes risk free and there is a downside to scalping, your looking for a snappy tick or two but if it goes against you and it will at some point, you need to be prepared for that. If your laying overs for example and a goal goes against you your looking at a canny loss so think about that, ditto backing overs you can loose 10+ ticks in the blink of an eye and undo previous good work that's the reality.

Get the Lazio v Bayern tonight should be plenty of money with it being a Champions League game take a look at the markets, maybe have a go with £2 stakes when you feel conditions are right, make notes, like I said record your screen but don't overstake.

Best way to learn is get your feet wet but don't go up to your neck.
Kai

beginertrader wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:30 pm
You would probably have to pay someone for that level of info

Just not sure they would be willing to sell it

I suppose you can always place an offer and see if you get matched

Return to “Football trading”