Blue cards coming to football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Archangel

Automatic red card for simulation would sort a lot of the messing out. People then say, but how do you know when a player is simulating or not? The answer is I dont know, but there are many instances of players going down and rolling around in every game without being touched by an opponent
firlandsfarm

I don't really have a view on the rights and wrongs, pro's and con's etc. of this but ... it works fine in rugby so why all the negativity for it in football?

If there is a problem then football only has itself to blame. It's not a game that follows the rulebook ... it's become a game where the players do what they want and all too often the officials let them do it. Blatant rule breaking goes on in every game for all (but the officials) to see, most common is the pushing and holding in the penalty area for set plays.
Kai

greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:28 am
I don't really have a view on the rights and wrongs, pro's and con's etc. of this but ... it works fine in rugby so why all the negativity for it in football?

If there is a problem then football only has itself to blame. It's not a game that follows the rulebook ... it's become a game where the players do what they want and all too often the officials let them do it. Blatant rule breaking goes on in every game for all (but the officials) to see, most common is the pushing and holding in the penalty area for set plays.
15 players in rugby. 11 in footy. What if your keeper gets a blue? It is the most idiotic proposal ever.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:45 am
firlandsfarm wrote:

15 players in rugby. 11 in footy. What if your keeper gets a blue? It is the most idiotic proposal ever.
Simple, tell them if they want to stay on the pitch for the full 90 mins then don't commit a Blue Card foul. What of that will they not understand? And I'm sorry but I don't see what the number of players has to do with it. Ice Hockey has a sin bin and they only have 6 players (and the net minder is not exempt).

It's because of such support for rule breaking that we are in this mess.
conduirez

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:18 am
greenmark wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:45 am
firlandsfarm wrote:

Simple, tell them if they want to stay on the pitch for the full 90 mins then don't commit a Blue Card foul. What of that will they not understand? And I'm sorry but I don't see what the number of players has to do with it. Ice Hockey has a sin bin and they only have 6 players (and the net minder is not exempt).

It's because of such support for rule breaking that we are in this mess.
All these games you and others mention at the top level, that have sin bins, have external clocks running alongside actual referee time, that everyone can see, the football authorities are so 19th century they do not do this.

So again we will be stuck with a twat running around the middle of the park trying to remember when ten minutes is up, for some player they sent to the sin bin, when on occasions the said twats cannot even remember who they have given a yellow card to before.
firlandsfarm

conduirez wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm
All these games you and others mention at the top level, that have sin bins, have external clocks running alongside actual referee time, that everyone can see, the football authorities are so 19th century they do not do this.

So again we will be stuck with a twat running around the middle of the park trying to remember when ten minutes is up, for some player they sent to the sin bin, when on occasions the said twats cannot even remember who they have given a yellow card to before.
Well they could always instruct that clubs must have a viewable clock and make it an offense not to make sure it is wound up before every game! :D
conduirez

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:42 pm
conduirez wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm

Well they could always instruct that clubs must have a viewable clock and make it an offense not to make sure it is wound up before every game! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kai

Gianni Infantino rules out using blue cards : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvIFrbXv7H0

Shows who's really in charge, end of discussion hopefully
Derek27

The blue card has been given the red card. :D
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 pm
A rare dub for our favourite conehead after an incredible losing streak :D
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:50 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 pm
A rare dub for our favourite conehead after an incredible losing streak :D
I think he probably started the idea just so he can get a decision right for a change. :)

Return to “Football trading”