Columns

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Safeway

I am trying to slim down the one-click screen as much as possible so I can minimise it, move it around but see everything I need to see for that event.

I know all about custom columns etc. but can I remove some of the basic pillars? For example, I'd be happy to have only one back and lay price and not have the the chart thingy. Probably a couple of other things I never need too.

to75ne

just select what columns you want/don't want with the column selector.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
to75ne

the above is basic/easy, why have you not read the manual? seems stupid to me to get a ba sub or trial and not bother to at least read the manual.
Safeway

Thanks for your help but if it pained you so much then you shouldn't have bothered replying.

Thanks again :D
to75ne

Safeway wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:30 pm
Thanks for your help but if it pained you so much then you shouldn't have bothered replying.

Thanks again :D
true but as i have finished for the day i usually have a look at the racing thread and betfair down thread before i shut down for the day and i noticed this thread and your previous one, it slightly annoying that people just be cant be asked to find out the basics themselves.
Safeway

Sorry you've had such a bad day
Euler

I think it's natural to ask questions when uncertain, even if obvious.

Though the AI gave a good answer to this question: -

To slim down the one-click screen and remove certain elements you don't need, you can indeed remove some of the basic columns, such as the chart column and others that you find unnecessary. According to the information provided, you can use the column chooser to untick and thus hide the columns you do not wish to see, such as the 'Make Market' and 'Micro Chart' columns. You can also drag and drop columns to reorganize them according to your preference, which can help in minimizing the space they take up on your screen.

For example, if you want to remove the chart column, you would click on the column chooser and untick the 'Micro Chart' or any other columns you don't need. Additionally, you can adjust the font sizes, column widths, and the gap between columns to further slim down the appearance on your screen. This customization allows you to keep only the essential information you need for the event, such as one back and lay price, and remove the rest.

Remember to save your layout after making these changes so you can easily call it up for future events.
Safeway

Thanks Peter for your comprehensive response. For me Bet Angel is the single greatest product of any type I have ever purchased. I thank you for bringing it to us. Dallas is a mind of information and somebody of endless patience and I have big respect for the both of you. There are also many forum members all too happy to help.

I have been subscribing to BA for quite a long time and have used the basic features pretty much as they are without customisation....all fine. Developments more recently have prompted me to get more serious about finding out a few things I didn't know and see if I can do things better which I certainly can. I beg to disagree with you on one point, nothing is 'obvious.' BA is a huge piece of work and unfortunately I can't be at the screen 24/7. After an hour or two of searching for an answer then I might ask a question. You did say its natural to ask questions when uncertain so you obviously understand.

Forums are forums. Stick your head up and somebody will have a pop. I've been there before on totally unrelated subjects. Its just as well I ain't a celebrity or a politician :lol:
Anbell

I get frustrated with some of the simple/obvious questions on here too. Until it is my turn to ask one, again.
Safeway

Anbell wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:10 am
I get frustrated with some of the simple/obvious questions on here too. Until it is my turn to ask one, again.
I suppose we have to take the rough with the smooth.

Its a bit like asking for something embarrassing in the pharmacy. Gotta think long and hard before asking a question so who needs some guy you've never heard of to appear and start putting you down? Its a drain.

Thanks Peter, Dallas and others who have engaged positively with me. As a subscription paying Bet Angel customer I believe I am entitled to lurk on the forum. I will just read and follow a couple of threads which interest me. Occasional post? I'd have to see how I feel.
Kai

Safeway wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:42 am
Its a bit like asking for something embarrassing in the pharmacy.
It's more like walking into the Mos Eisley cantina at times, you might get some alien responses :D : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_XqqiEMwI
Safeway

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:02 pm
Safeway wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:42 am
Its a bit like asking for something embarrassing in the pharmacy.
It's more like walking into the Mos Eisley cantina at times, you might get some alien responses :D : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_XqqiEMwI
Thank you Kai for lightening my mood.

There’s a few characters on this forum who wouldn’t be out of place in Mos Eisley’s.
It does look a lot friendlier there though.

What am I doing posting? Must must must stop it.

Now I have to wait for the missiles to arrive….
Kai

Safeway wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:31 pm
What am I doing posting? Must must must stop it.
Nonsense, you posted in the right section, always possible to catch someone in a bad mood etc

Post whenever you need/want, worst case nobody knows/replies

If we can't express ourselves around like-minded people where can we really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluvQUHGAwU

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”