Odds Difference Between 1st and 2nd Fav Automation Bot

sIGNAL

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:51 pm
sIGNAL wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:37 pm
can i check with someone please that knows about the approx times of races based on length.
Im using some rules to measure this in a NON TPD Race so i place bets at certain times IR.
Ive noticed that alot of the times I have in this rules file (taken from another automation file from here) are approx anything from around 5-15% out.

Is there anywhere that I can find approx upto date race times for lengths so I can then go in and update all these times?
Im pressuming that the red circle ive highlighted is in seconds ?
The 'Standard Times' as they are known are the average times taken over 100s of races, there is a list of these by course but you need to consider how much time and effort you want to put into what are 'average times' and what if any extra advantage it gives you.

Even going to the trouble of creating rules to use the standard times specfic to each course (rather than just distance or group of distances) there are still other variables like class of race, running styles, the going etc all of which can mean vastly different times on individual races - typically the longer the race the more margin of error.
thank you and yes i noticed that the longer races were way different on timings than the shorter races so guessed about the margin of error. I will have a look over that and adjust if anything is way out thank you.
sIGNAL

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:45 pm
as a rule of thumb i normally use a value of 13 seconds per furlong in the summer and 15 in the winter
thanks
sIGNAL

Could the signal element parts of this be used with a Lay the field bot as a safety net or is there a better way of doing what I want from below;

I currently have an automation file which ive pieced together from various other rules from fhe forum. It places a lay all selections in running at various prices, but I've currently got it to only trigger on certain races and also when 1st and 2nd fav trade below 1.9 for 2 secs or more. I also have a fixed odds condition that it only triggers if last traded price is above 1.4 odds to stop it triggering if the fav storms into the lead. So far during testing it's all working really well and has a positive strike rate and p&l.

But I was thinking about this kind of rule and the gap I have between 1st and 2nd and if this can be tightened up better somehow to only trigger when the gap is no greater than X. I came back to this thread and wondered if it would benefit what I'm already doing.

I suppose I also need to know if these signals will work with the signals I already have in my automation. I'm new to using signals and assume I can use more than 1 if they don't clash?
NotBothered

for pre race - I actually found when the F1 is a certain % higher - than f2

ie 1.80 vs 2.85 or better - you make way more money on F2 betting Back

Also F2 Place betting on such circumstances is something to look at.

F1 the value is like 2.36 as price rises through there then you find F1 vs F2 shifts to favoring the F1

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”