Betfair charts blank

The sport of kings.
Dannyboi3k

Hello all,

I am in Practice Mode, but the Betfair charts are blank, is this a problem from something I'm doing?
Dallas

If you have any AV or firewall running try disabling those, charts are just image files downloaded from Betfairs servers so they are usually the cause of the problem

Are you using streaming or polling?
Dannyboi3k

I have tried both streaming ticked and unticked, and disabled everything..
Dallas

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If possible try using a wired connection directly into your PC from your router
Dannyboi3k

Wired, and the charts are working on Betfair itself, and working on another trading platform. I wanted to make the transition back to BA after years of using another, due to having a Mac. But today, I got a new Windows laptop and wanted to go back to BA but the charts are blank, there must be some sort of fix?
Dallas

Dannyboi3k wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:23 pm
Wired, and the charts are working on Betfair itself, and working on another trading platform. I wanted to make the transition back to BA after years of using another, due to having a Mac. But today, I got a new Windows laptop and wanted to go back to BA but the charts are blank, there must be some sort of fix?
Charts are working fine in BA also (or there'd be multiple threads from people asking about them), whatever is stopping them from being downloaded for you is local issue

The next thing to try would be using a different connection ie 4G/5G via mobile
Or if you have another computer or laptop try that on the same wired connection, if that works it'll mean the issue is on the computer you are currently using, if it doesn't then that would mean its your ISP and the way your connection is being router

Also just want to check you aren't using any sort of VPN?
Dannyboi3k

Tried on 4G connection, and the other software is downloading the charts no problem at all, it's just with BA for some reason with me..
Dannyboi3k

Hello,

It's definitely an error from the settings or something from your side, I've checked on my new MacBook as well, using Parallels, and it's the same. Can you please give some other resolutions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Dannyboi3k wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:26 pm
Hello,

It's definitely an error from the settings or something from your side, I've checked on my new MacBook as well, using Parallels, and it's the same. Can you please give some other resolutions?
As per my earlier message the charts are just image files downloaded from Betfair and the connection to Betfair is a direct connection between your PC and their server and there are no settings in Bet Angel to do anything with the Betfair charts (except the options in the chart window itself to change the refresh rate and selection)

Therefore it can only be one of three things
1) Your PC
2) Your Connection
3) Issue with Betfair

The third would effect everyone so that narrows it to one of the first two options, you've just said its the same when using a 4G connection from that same PC so that now leaves just the PC itself

You never said if you were using a VPN?
After firewalls and AV VPN are the next most common culprit for blocking chart downloads

It is just a process of elimination starting with the most common causes
Dannyboi3k

2 years on and still the same issue, new laptop, different internet connection (in a different part of the world now) and no VPN, still the same issue. Anyone having the same problem or know how to fix it? Thank you.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”