Could I use these conditions?

The sport of kings.
jtrader

Could I write in conditions in Condition type - Race distance condition non-integer furlongs,for example 26.2 or 18.4 or etc.?

I've seen that I could point that type,but how BA could interpret that condition?
Dallas

The race distance used is the one listed by Betfair for races in Furlongs they only use a round number

If you could import the 'exact' distance from somewhere to a .csv file then I guess you could use Excel or push it into Bet Angel via a stored value to use
jamesedwards

Race distance in furlongs is always rounded to the nearest furlong. There is an option to store a value of the race distance in metres which you can then use to do what you need.
StellaBot

Depends where info is from also
eg today Newbury

Distances to nearest yard ( if changed to nearest yard also)

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/raci ... /2024/1158

ps I think all amended distances can only be further now ie + yards
as all racecourses were remeasured a while back
and can only increase eg move bends out if waterlogged . not allow to move inwards I believe
In UK anyway
Last edited by StellaBot on Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesedwards

StellaBot wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:51 pm
Depends where info is from also
eg today Newbury

Distances to nearest yard ( if changed to nearest yard also)

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/raci ... /2024/1158

ps I think all amended distances can only be further now ie + yards
as all racecourses were remeasured a while back
and can only increase eg move bends out if waterlogged . not allow to move inwards I believe
In UK anyway
It's interesting that course lengths are published but fence and hurdle positions are not. I used to assume positions were relatively fixed but since I've started tracking them it turns out they get moved quite often, especially hurdles. Sometimes the distance is significant. eg the Fontwell hurdle course run-in increased from 1f to 1.3f the other week.
jtrader

Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:47 pm
The race distance used is the one listed by Betfair for races in Furlongs they only use a round number

If you could import the 'exact' distance from somewhere to a .csv file then I guess you could use Excel or push it into Bet Angel via a stored value to use

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:55 pm
Race distance in furlongs is always rounded to the nearest furlong. There is an option to store a value of the race distance in metres which you can then use to do what you need.

Thanks

Return to “Trading Horse racing”