how do I take SP in automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sloanie

Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me how I can take SP in automation if my bet doesnt get matched?
Dallas

Add a 'Take SP on all Unmatched Bets' rule
armed to trigger after your bets have been placed
sloanie

thanks again
casbian

Hi dallas

I8 am looking to put in an sp bet, i can do this in automation but just unsure about the timmings. Do i leave at 00.00.00 and inplay?

Help would be most grateful

Thank you

Casbian
Dallas

casbian wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:30 am
Hi dallas

I8 am looking to put in an sp bet, i can do this in automation but just unsure about the timmings. Do i leave at 00.00.00 and inplay?

Help would be most grateful

Thank you

Casbian
Since this thread was created there are now two ways of placing an SP bet

1) The original method, trigger a take SP bet rule and that will mark any unmatched bets in the market to be matched at the SP
2) The new method, is to actually place a back or lay SP bet, this works exactly the same way as placing it via the Betfair website, the bet doesn't appear in the market and goes into the SP pool of bets to be matched at the off - once placed it can't be cancelled or modified

With the second method it only needs to trigger once at whatever time you want it to be placed

With the first method it needs to trigger sometime after the last bet (including offset bet/s) are in the market unmatched for them to be marked as SP
So if your rule was triggering upto 10secs before the off and was placing offsets once matched then I'd set the Take SP bet rule to trigger from 5secs before the off up to 30-60secs after the start time, and have it trigger several times re-arming every couple of seconds just to make sure it catches any late offsets that might have been placed
casbian

Thank you for that. Sorted

Always grateful.

Just another question if t may.

If I put in 3 sp bets on 3 favorites (I can do that now).. But I need the 3 bets to go in only if the fav is 4,25 Is this possible. It does not natter what odds the 2nd and 3rd fav are.

Casbian
casbian

Sorry Dallas

The 3 sp betsxare fir one race.

Hope you understand

Xasbuan
Anbell

casbian wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 am
Thank you for that. Sorted

Always grateful.

Just another question if t may.

If I put in 3 sp bets on 3 favorites (I can do that now).. But I need the 3 bets to go in only if the fav is 4,25 Is this possible. It does not natter what odds the 2nd and 3rd fav are.

Casbian
You can place the 3 bets at SP if the fave is, say, greater than, or less than, 4.25 on the exchange at a point in time. You can also back the fave SP if it greater or less than 4.25. But you cant back 2nd and 3rd fave based on the SP of the first fave.
casbian

Many thank for the information.

Casbuan

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”