Auto betting from selections in a spreadsheet

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
smitch

Hi everybody,
I use systems on Horseracebase to pick selections each day and I do make a small profit using level stakes. I would like to automate my betting to use a percentage of my current bank instead. Current bank meaning my betfair balance after each race.
I don't have time to sit and watch races so I would like a bot to do this for me based on a list of selections. Can anyone give me some guidance on the best approach?
Thanks
Derek27

smitch wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:04 pm
Hi everybody,
I use systems on Horseracebase to pick selections each day and I do make a small profit using level stakes. I would like to automate my betting to use a percentage of my current bank instead. Current bank meaning my betfair balance after each race.
I don't have time to sit and watch races so I would like a bot to do this for me based on a list of selections. Can anyone give me some guidance on the best approach?
Thanks
Your Betfair balance is held in a stored value, so you can create a rule to back your selection using that stored value multiplied by the percentage you wish to use.

Tip: instead of using level stakes or a percentage of your balance as stake, it would make more sense to use book percentage (multiplied by a percentage). You can't justify having as much on a 33/1 as you would on a 6/4 shot.
smitch

Hi Derek,
Sorry for the delay in replying.... busy weekend! But thank you so much for your reply.
I had hoped for a system variable to be available so it is great to have that confirmed. Currently I do a mixture of dutching and level stakes but I always bet 1% of my bank per runner. So if I have more than 1 runner, I dutch the total stake and end up with a lower stake on longer odds. A crude way of doing it but the best I can do with my limited knowledge.
I've never considered using book percentage but I'll have a look.
Sue

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”