Guardian Nominated Selections - Late Withdrawals

Share your automation file with other users.
ubfxu

This subject does not seem to have been addressed previously, although I imagine it should crop up quite frequently.

Is there any way to test for late scratchings (ie withdrawals) from Horse Races, where the withdrawal is one of the 5 Nominated Selections in Guardian.

I have some Automation Rules running which use Stored Values and Rankings that involve all of the 5 Nominations. If 1 or more are scratched - it plays havoc with the rules.

I usually have the rules running over a full day of racing in Australia, and of course I only monitor the Guardian results at the end of the day.

I'm only referring to withdrawals that occur well before post time. Bets are placed 5 seconds before advertised Start Time.

I notice that when a Selection is withdrawn Guardian replaces the Selection Name with an 8-digit Number - which I'm guessing is the BetFair Selection ID.

That's got me thinking that maybe the way to do it is to Store the First 8 characters of the Nominations Name as a Text Value and then test that it doesn't equal the Selection ID. Any other suggestions?

Running in PM only, so no damage done - just don't want any bets placed unless all 5 of the Nominations will be starting.
Euler

I tend to store a value of 'number of selections' and then if that is different during the window where the automation is active, it won't place any bets or trades.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”