Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
conduirez

what a finish for Real
henbet22

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ar ... -ancelotti

Real and the magical hold they have over the cup with the big ears. Final will be intriguing. We are due a big upset. Notwithstanding Real and the preternatural hold they seem to have in this competition.
Derek27

Never understood why Villa started favourite.
weemac

Leverkusen just can not be beaten.
conduirez

So Everton withdraw their appeal, both them and Forest have points deducted.

I think we can be sure when it comes to Manchester City, the Premier League have been dragging their heels, they blame Manchester City of delaying tactics for handing over documents, this in itself would also have constituted a breach.

It is now becoming an impossible situation, whoever finishes third from bottom this year, should keep their lawyers primed ready to sue the Premier League for their relegation this year and loss of potential future earnings, if City are subsequently removed from the Premier League in another season.

The Chelsea question also hangs in the balance.

Unfortunately the Premier League have set a precedent by deducting points for this season from teams who committed offences after the Manchester City alleged offences took place. It's a complete mess.
greenmark

conduirez wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:05 pm
So Everton withdraw their appeal, both them and Forest have points deducted.

I think we can be sure when it comes to Manchester City, the Premier League have been dragging their heels, they blame Manchester City of delaying tactics for handing over documents, this in itself would also have constituted a breach.

It is now becoming an impossible situation, whoever finishes third from bottom this year, should keep their lawyers primed ready to sue the Premier League for their relegation this year and loss of potential future earnings, if City are subsequently removed from the Premier League in another season.

The Chelsea question also hangs in the balance.

Unfortunately the Premier League have set a precedent by deducting points for this season from teams who committed offences after the Manchester City alleged offences took place. It's a complete mess.
City have achieved "too big to fail" perhaps? So the EPL have been kicking the City issues into the long grass. If City were punished their backers would run away. The EPL's star team globally would be redundant.
jamesedwards

Man City's case is very different.

Forest and Everton both reported losses above set thresholds and were sanctioned as a result.

Man City did not breach any loss thresholds in their reported accounts. But they are accused of manipulating certain financial agreements in order to stay within those thresholds. They deny this and therefore must be found guilty before they can be sanctioned, which will be a very complicated and drawn out process.

Ironically, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc would all have fallen foul of FPP rules if they had been in place when they spent money like water to build their empires. They helped push the FPP rules through to try and stop other clubs from competing with them.
weemac

Poor liquidity, but Partick v Airdrie could be a goal-fest tonight if you can get BBC Scotland.
greenmark

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:19 pm

Forest and Everton both reported losses above set thresholds and were sanctioned as a result.

Man City did not breach any loss thresholds in their reported accounts. But they are accused of manipulating certain financial agreements in order to stay within those thresholds. They deny this and therefore must be found guilty before they can be sanctioned, which will be a very complicated and drawn out process.

Ironically, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc would all have fallen foul of FPP rules if they had been in place when they spent money like water to build their empires. They helped push the FPP rules through to try and stop other clubs from competing with them.
Different it may be, but mainly due to City's vast wealth and access to the best lawyers. And it's fair to say all EPL clubs would do the same, if they could.
jamesedwards

greenmark wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Different it may be, but mainly due to City's vast wealth and access to the best lawyers. And it's fair to say all EPL clubs would do the same, if they could.
I imagine the biggest difference is that Man City have to be proven guilty whereas Everton and Forest don't.
greenmark

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:27 pm
greenmark wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

I imagine the biggest difference is that Man City have to be proven guilty whereas Everton and Forest don't.
I have nothing against City. They have a genius manager that selected and deselected players in a Fergie manner. City are a superb team.
conduirez

greenmark wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:37 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
greenmark wrote:

I have nothing against City. They have a genius manager that selected and deselected players in a Fergie manner. City are a superb team.
I agree with what you are saying James, but these charges have been lurking for too long and if City are found guilty they must be thrown out of the Premier League because both Everton and Nottingham admitted to their crimes and were deducted points for PSR infringements.

Maybe if City are found guilty, of the 7 PSR supposed infringements by not admitting guilt, let alone the other charges, they should be kicked down to the National league, the problem now for the Premier League is they have set a bar. They have backed themselves in to a corner.
jamesedwards

conduirez wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 pm
greenmark wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

I agree with what you are saying James, but these charges have been lurking for too long and if City are found guilty they must be thrown out of the Premier League because both Everton and Nottingham admitted to their crimes and were deducted points for PSR infringements.

Maybe if City are found guilty, of the 7 PSR supposed infringements by not admitting guilt, let alone the other charges, they should be kicked down to the National league, the problem now for the Premier League is they have set a bar. They have backed themselves in to a corner.
Forest and Everton didn't "admit" to any crimes. Their accounts showed a loss below set thresholds, and they were sanctioned accordingly.

I'm glad that you're so close to the detail that you've been able to come up with the appropriate punishment. You should sit on the panel! Or perhaps you've just been listening to a few too many TikToks?

:lol:
conduirez

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 10:24 pm
conduirez wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 pm
greenmark wrote:

Forest and Everton didn't "admit" to any crimes. Their accounts showed a loss below set thresholds, and they were sanctioned accordingly.

I'm glad that you're so close to the detail that you've been able to come up with the appropriate punishment. You should sit on the panel! Or perhaps you've just been listening to a few too many TikToks?

:lol:
"The two clubs have each confirmed to the Premier League that they are in breach of the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules"

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3858986#!

You know so much, , I am in awe of the fact you are so close to the facts that you talk as if you know it all, that Everton and Forest did not admit to their own breaking of the rules. :lol:
greenmark

The VAR lines for the Boly goal Notts v Chelsea didn't line up with the pitch markings. What's the point of doing that if it's wildly inaccurate.

Return to “Football trading”