Guidance and advice is needed on creating a spreadsheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
kahuao

Hi
I have watched all the videos on spreadsheets and automation and have read both the automation and spreadsheet/excel chat on the forum. I am now attempting to automate my strategy
I am unable to automate my strategy using guardian and was advised to create a spreadsheet. Fortunately I can execute my strategy using the bet angel interface but it requires me being there.
Anyway this is what I am wanting to do, I am wanting to place back bets inplay on all runners in each race of the UK/IRE horse races if they fall below 2.0. As each runner falls below 2.0 a back bet is placed

Below are some of the formulas I have managed to get from the forum and would like some guidance and direction. I am using the Bet Angel Multiple Template

1. I have placed the formula =IF(G9<5.0,”BACK”,””) in cell L9
2. I have placed stake amount x in cell N9
3. I have a formula/function =IF(ISTEXTG1) to trigger betting inplay but do not know which cell to put it in. Am I missing anything else?

Appreciate any feedback
LeTiss

It sounds as though your stakes are constant, and your formula is fairly routine. Personally, I'd consider using BA automation rather than Excel. Excel can be a bit sticky (depending on your computer capabilities) and you need something that will fire your bets quickly.
I'd advise you to use a formula which determines what the lay price is rather than the back price. That doesn't look the case from your formula. There will be many gaps in the market 'in play' and sometimes a horse will have a back price below 2.00, simply because the horse has been beaten & nobody can be bothered to offer prices up to 1000.
kahuao

Hi LeTiss

I am currently using BA Automation to execute my strategy which is brilliant. I am wanting to automate it because of the time difference (NZ resident) All I require at this stage is a formula/function I can insert into the spreadsheet to place bet/s once race goes inplay and what cell do I put the formula/function in?

Cheers :)
Boing

Can't remember what cell the inplay flag is in, but all you need to do is something similar to 'IF(G1="In-play",then, else)
kahuao

Hi Boing

Are you saying if I put 'IF(G1="In-play",then, else)in the inplay flag cell this should do the trick?
Boing

No, I'm saying use and IF command to check if the market is inplay by looking at the inplay flag.
kahuao

I have placed this formula in L6 (global command):
=IF(ISTEXT(G1), "KEEP_ALL","")

Would this be suffice for betting to start taking place inplay?
Boing

You seem to be a bit off track, the example was showing you how to detect and act on the inplay flag. You need to write the rule for what happens after the inplay flag is detected. If feels like you need to have a good play around and learn some of the basics.
kahuao

Some or most of the terminology that is used in the forum is way over my head. Where would be a good start to learn the basics
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

See this page - http://www.betangel.com/knowledge-base/ ... -bet-angel

At the bottom are links to resources for Excel.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”