Time trigger

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Wyndon

I've developed a spreadsheet which I'd like to adapt to auto trade. I came up with a macro which would cancel all bets after x seconds of in-play time. This seemed to work OK with manual testing, but as soon as I connect to BetAngel it doesn't fire at all. Any ideas why this should be - or is there a time trigger example anywhere else that I could use? My VBA knowledge is limited and mostly acquired through Googling. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Euler

There is a countdown timer on the spreadsheet that counts down to the start of an event or UP from the start of an event, you may want to use that?
Wyndon

Yes, that's what I'm using to trigger my macro. I want to cancel all bets at (say) after 20 seconds in play according to the timer. Are you saying that I could achieve this by somehow incorporating the command in my bet rules?
Euler

You could trigger the cancel all global rule using this timer I would imagine? You wouldn't need to use a macro to do this.
TheTub

Be careful how you use the countdown timer.

Excel stores the time as a decimal fraction so 00:00:01 for one second is actually 0.0000115741. But as soon as the countdown timer displays a negative value (-00:00:01) then there is no decimal equivalent and the value is stored in the cell as text.

Therefore, if you are relying on the countdown timer having a decimal fraction equivalent then you need to strip the negative symbol, convert to a true time format then work with the decimal fraction.

See here for a quick overview of the decimal fraction time value - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214094
Wyndon

Thanks to both. Particularly over how time is presented. I realised there was a problem with negative time, but found a way to work around it. How would you get rid of the negative sign?
Shamrock

Multiply it by minus 1
TheTub

You can't multiply text by minus 1.

You need to strip out the negative symbol and format as time.

I use this formula to get an Excel decimal fraction from the countdown cell during in-play:

=TIMEVALUE(RIGHT(F4,8))

And format the cell as a number to 8 decimal places.
Wyndon

Many thanks
foxwood

TheTub - thanks for that - saved me putting the thinking cap on where the negative was crashing my sheet :)
qvaz

Hi, I have some problems with my macro that should save in cell time of last market suspension - sometimes catches that time sometimes doesnt. It's a pity that BetAngel doesn't provide neither Last Suspension Time reference to excel cell nor excel instruction such as "DELAY" that could postpone trigger firing. Somebody could help with reliable action-delaying macro?

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”