Excel Multiple Market Greening Help.

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
STEMINGY

Hi, Im new to BA Pro and have been using Guardian and Excel in practice mode to get used to the mechanics, software and what can be acheived using Excel. Im taking my time and watching as many videos as possible and reading plenty of useful threads on the forum.

Ive been using the multiple market spreadsheet to monitor positions on several football match odds markets. I have a front sheet showing me my current trade out position for each market and a total position at that point in time.

Ive entered an if function that will trigger the "Green All" command across the worksheets if the trade out position reaches a certain level. This has been working fine until a couple of queries happened last night and I was hoping someone may be able to help me. My sheet had triggered a green all command and worked correctly on two of the three markets, the third was the Liverpool match odds and no bet was made. I checked the log and it said an error was found when attempting to green up: the market was suspended. This was late on and was for a disallowed goal. When the market reformed no follow up green up bet was made, do you know a way I could include a rule that would go back in after the unsuspend and green up as the odds hadnt changed??

The other issue I have found was when playing with small stakes in practice mode when my trigger was activated and asked to green up a market it needed to lay an outcome for pennies to complete the trade. Instead it placed a £2 back bet @ 1000 which was matched. Is this something to do with the minimum stake on betfair? I thought BA could get around this when greening up.

Thanks for any help offered.
Ste
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If the market is suspended and you try to submit a bet you will get ERROR in the status cell.

You would need to write some kind of check to look for 'Error' in the global instruction status cell. Then clear the cell and resubmit the GREEN_ALL instruction for that market once it is unsuspended. You can check if the market is suspended or not by looking for the flag in cell H1.

Bet Angel cannot submit bets below the minimum. But it can use a trick and this involves firstly placing a bet of the minimum amount (£2) at either 1000 or 1.01 depending on whether you are laying or backing. It can then manipulate the stake as per this article.

http://www.betangel.com/knowledge-base/ ... 01-or-1000

However, if the price is already 1000 (or 1.01) then the bet will get matched and Bet Angel will be unable to adjust the stake.
STEMINGY

Thanks for the reply 6thSense.
If im just placing one bet (lets say a lay) prematch and then the second bet i want matched on that market is the green up command, I might be able to say: if the green up trigger has been activated, check that the number of matched bets is less than two and if so then send in another bet request until it reaches two then stop. I might need to test this as dont want it sending in several orders at the same time while the matched bets figure remains at 1.

I understand the principle of how betangel gets around the minimum stake. I think I may just need to enter some extra code that says when target is reached green up across the selected markets but if any of the games are 1.01 or 1000 then ignore the command. (i.e Lpool last night 3-0 10 mins to go when the green up command was triggered). Do you think this would be possible??

Thanks again.

Im really liking getting my head around the possibilities there are for using excel with bet angel. I need to check if its possible to put different markets into the template i have already setup or if i need a specific sheet for match odds, specific for correct score, over / unders etc/ Plenty to learn!

Ste
Shamrock

Ste,
With Batangel and Excel there is a problem with bets under the minimum. I had the same problem where it would not place the bets if they were under the minimum stake, eg laying the field for a liability of 100. Betangel said they were asked by Betfair not to allow this to happen through Excel. So unless you can work out some type of work around yourself, it just wont happen.
Also as experiance has taught most of us, be careful of your refresh rate, if you set it too low it may fire in more than one bet, as there is a slight lag between the bet been placeed and it arriving in the system (keeping it at 500ms should sort that out)
Hope this helps,
Shamrock.
STEMINGY

Thanks for the tip Shamrock. I'll set my refresh rate to that level and keep on testing. Some opportunities to practice again this weekend and see what happens. I want to try and iron out any problems in practice mode before then starting with small stakes live.

Will be trying to do some cross market excel automation next and seeing if I can get that controlled properly.So if something occurs in for example the correct score market I can place a trade in the over unders market automatically through excel.

Do you know if there is a way of setting a delay in excel before firiing a bet into the market? I know you can in the automation rule making section but not sure about excel.

For example I have a control sheet that monitors my current tradeable "green / red" amount on the several markets I have listed. I have an indicator that shows my profit % and a trigger which fires in a green all command when it reaches the set %. Do you know if there is a way to say when it gets to this % level wait for 60 seconds then if it is still at this level fire in the green all bet?

I ask because for example when a market unsuspends the prices are flying around a little the first price in the market seen by excel could mean a trade opportunity at the target profit % but several seconds later when the market settles down the % has dropped below target.

Thanks
Ste

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”