Data request limit when running 2 instances of Bet Angel

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Wyndon

I'm currently comparing 2 automated strategies by running them simultaneously in practice mode. I've followed the video for optimal communications settings and have ended up with 14 data requests per second for each instance. Am I in trouble with this number of data requests? Is it equivalent to 28 data requests a second?
PeterLe

Generally speaking you should keep the combined amount less than 20. you can go over 20, but it all depends on your betting activity (See betfair Charges cut/pasted below)
By the way, if you are able to compare/contrast a single strategy on two accounts, try playing around with switching Cross Matching off on one and see if that makes a difference( It will) also try playing around with the data refresh rates in the comms settings (Ie Matched/Unmatched bets, calculate locally)
Regards
Peter

Transaction Charges

This section only applies to the Betfair Exchange.

In addition to any commission payments, Betfair customers will be charged a transaction fee if they process a large number of transactions on either the main Betting Exchange or on Exchange Games.

NB - Transaction Charges only apply to customers placing or editing more than 1000 bets an hour (although in the case of Exchange Games, the editing of bets is not included). The number of bets placed across the Betting Exchange and Exchange Games are calculated separately for the purposes of calculating any Transaction Charges payable. So, for example, if within the same hour you placed 800 bets on the Betting Exchange and 700 bets on Exchange Games, no Transaction Charges would be payable in respect of any of those bets.

At the end of every day, we add up all the bets you placed or edited (whether matched, cancelled or lapsed). If this number is in excess of 1000 in any hour of the day then:

for customers placing bets through the Application Programmers Interface (API) on the Betting Exchange or for customers placing bets either through the API or on the website on Exchange Games, we will multiply this number by 1p; and
for website customers on the Betting Exchange, we will multiply this number by 2p.

For the purpose of Transaction Charges, bets on financial markets will count as 0.25 of a bet. This will form the basis of the transaction fee, but we will offset this fee against the following amount:

(Commission + Implied Commission) ÷ 2
where
Implied Commission = market losses x 3%

NB: the Exchange Games transaction charge is offset using commission paid instead of commission generated.

Any remaining amount will be charged to your account on a daily basis. Should your (commission + implied commission) ÷ 2 exceed this amount, you will not be charged a transaction fee. Accounts that relate to one person, entity, API subscription or a Master account (Trading version only) with related Sub accounts are treated as one customer for the purposes of transaction charging. Note that no Betfair points will accrue for transaction fees.

Example 1:
You are an API user who pays (commission + implied commission) ÷ 2 of £18.50 throughout a given day.
However, between the hours of 14:00 and 15:00 you placed 2500 bets and between the hours of 15:00 and 16:00 you placed 3250 bets, but in other hours you placed less than 1000 bets.
Your base transaction charge is (2500-1000)*£0.01 + (3250-1000)*£0.01 = £37.50.
Therefore you will be billed an additional £37.50-£18.50 = £19.00 on the following day.

Example 2: You are a Website user who pays (commission + implied commission) ÷ 2 of £20.00 throughout a given day.
However, between the hours of 14:00 and 15:00 you placed 3000 bets on financial markets and 1500 bets on non financial markets. In all other hours you placed less than 1000 bets on all markets.
Your base transaction charge is (((3000*0.25) + 1500)-1000)*£0.02 = £25.00.
Therefore you will be billed an additional £25.00-£20.00 = £5.00 on the following day.
Wyndon

Many thanks for the detailed reply. If I reduce the number of data requests, I get the red warning appear. I have noticed that playing round with the other data refresh rates does have a significant effect on performance as you suggest. I think I'm missing the point on cross-matching. If you can't switch it off in live mode, what is the point in testing a strategy with it turned off in practice mode? Incidentally, how DO you turn it off? Thanks again.
PeterLe

Hi
Cross Matching (XM) is implemented by Betfair, but as I understand it; its not provided by the API. The calculation as to what the XM odds are are calculated with the Betangel program.
You toggle the XM setting by opening the Display tab in the settings menu (The Spanner)
Ive gone off at a bit of tangent; What I was trying to say about XM was that once you have your strategy, try running it with different settings too..
Regards
Peter
Wyndon

Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Support”