Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Jukebox

Yes, they've just deducted my out bet even though they'd taken it!
Hooch

looks like the same here, even though i seen it matched, luckily this time i was on the right side of the cancelled bet.
But twice in a week has me a little worried.
Poj

yeah, got cleaned. Backed Charlie Mon to lay off IR. Market didn't suspend and I traded out after a few fences, their just after emptying my account....again. F**k betfair, I've had nothing but problems with them for the last 3 weeks. They're a monopoly and know it so they just screw everyone over, customer service and 'terms and conditions' are a disgrace. They made 330M profit last year and the exchange cant seem to run for more than a few weeks at a time without crashing :evil: :evil:
spreadbetting

Thankfully for the last two crashes I've come out unscathed but could have lost substantially tonight from not being able to cancel some correct score bets. They're doing lots of offers in the hope of people sticking thru more liquidity at the moment but without a stable platform no one's going to expose themselves too big especially as our likely returns can be smaller than a percent on some markets. The biggest gamble at the moment is the site being stable enough to trade out not the market going in the direction you want. And there's another maintenance 'upgrade' on 23.08.18 :(
Poj

Time for a boycott betfair day, the only way the liquidity will pick up on other exchanges is if people talk with their wallets.
Haven't heard of a Betdaq crash... BF seem to be able to s**t all over everyone without taking any responsibility for the failures of their system. It is an absolute joke, the exchange has been giving the same issues for years. They don't seem to learn any lessons or make any improvements. The problem is people have absolutely no options and they know it. If I hear 'to be fair to everyone' or 'terms and conditions' one more time from the 'customer support' team... :( :(
BetScalper

Poj wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:02 am
Time for a boycott betfair day, the only way the liquidity will pick up on other exchanges is if people talk with their wallets.
Haven't heard of a Betdaq crash... BF seem to be able to s**t all over everyone without taking any responsibility for the failures of their system. It is an absolute joke, the exchange has been giving the same issues for years. They don't seem to learn any lessons or make any improvements. The problem is people have absolutely no options and they know it. If I hear 'to be fair to everyone' or 'terms and conditions' one more time from the 'customer support' team... :( :(
As well as people voting with their money maybe everyone should make a written complaint to the Regulator.
Derek27

Poj wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:02 am
Time for a boycott betfair day,
Boycotting Betfair for a day would only demonstrate, by trading the next day, how much we rely on Betfair!

Our only hope is that Betdaq and other exchanges get stronger and start to rival Betfair.
lukesanges

I know it's never going to happen but would be ideal if you could take out some type of traders insurance policy with betfair in the event of an outage
Derek27

Setting my alarm for 1:00 pm, ready to trade York. :D
Hooch

Anybody else worried of another crash on betfair seen as its already been down this morning for a short time.
Dallas

Of all the festivals Ebor is my least favourite, the large high priced fields are not really my cup of tea but good luck to those giving it a go

I will still be looking at trying to pick off something here and there and i'll be watching the support cards for some overflow
brimson25

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 am
Of all the festivals Ebor is my least favourite, the large high priced fields are not really my cup of tea but good luck to those giving it a go

I will still be looking at trying to pick off something here and there and i'll be watching the support cards for some overflow
Dallas - I noticed the large high-priced fields. Time for a really dim question - why is York like that? is it the type of racing?
Dallas

brimson25 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 am
Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 am

Dallas - I noticed the large high-priced fields. Time for a really dim question - why is York like that? is it the type of racing?
Yes, generally its the type of the meetings held at York, its similar for their 'Dante' festival (which I class as my second least favourite festival) and even during a 'regular' meeting they often run large competitive fields meaning most are high priced so it's not one of my least favourite courses to trade at any time.
invisiblelayer

Hooch wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:20 am
Anybody else worried of another crash on betfair seen as its already been down this morning for a short time.
If it crashed now I'd lose 5k if Watan won the 2.25 the only position I've taken a strong view to trade. Have quite a few bets matched on others that are bets only so not worried if it goes down for them. Being honest I'd struggle badly if was trading constantly worrying about crashes as mine tend to be early when liquidity is there, suppose race to race traders can see the site struggling quicker than those that are not constantly at the screen. Should fund my Betdaq really as re opened my account recently with them

Dog suffers this morning as no walk for him as refreshing the api status page often :roll:
dragontrades

We need a new market called 'will betfair go down today'

Return to “Trading Horse racing”