PDC World Darts

Any markets not covered in the other boards
LeTiss

NileVentures wrote:Hi LeTiss - Happy New Year to you and all the other Angels out there.

I have also enjoyed some successfull trading at the PDC World Darts. Matt Le Tissier - did you see his poster at the semi finals? "I am not Phil Tufnell"

I don't get your Lay 9 darter tip. Please expand.
There's a market for a 3rd tournament 9 darter tonight. 1.07 provides a nice little lay with a small liability. Van Gerwen will almost certainly start a few legs with a 180, and at that point some punters will be looking to back him achieving a 9 darter, as it's an absolute showstopper

You should get a nice opportunity for a green trade there if you just leave the trade out bet sitting there during the final

It may not happen, but like I say 1.07 a smallish liability for a speculative trade
NileVentures

Sorry LeTiss for being a bit dim on this, but surely if MVG opens a leg with a 180 and the 9 darter looks on, the price will come in.
Where is the opportunity to green-up?
PeterLe

NileVentures wrote:Sorry LeTiss for being a bit dim on this, but surely if MVG opens a leg with a 180 and the 9 darter looks on, the price will come in.
that's right, but as the match moves on if there still hasn't been a 9 darter with a couple of sets to go, then the price will move out. your downside is limited at 6% of your stake whilst the upside is potentially 100%

Edit: Sorry please ignore my comments. I've just re read some later posts and the above is wrong.
Last edited by PeterLe on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kroni

NileVentures wrote:Sorry LeTiss for being a bit dim on this, but surely if MVG opens a leg with a 180 and the 9 darter looks on, the price will come in.
I think you have got mixed up, if you lay the "NO 9 DART FINISH" and a player hits 6 perfect darts the price will move out as there is a chance it will happen.
If you look at it the other way you have basically backed the 9 dart finish and after 6 perfect darts the price will shorten to green up.

I will give this a go got some matched at 1.05 will be interesting to see what happens, do you think after 2 180s or similar the price will move? im not so sure
NileVentures

Gotcha - thanks LeTiss. It's a strange market because it asks the question: "Will there be a nine darter?" and you can back and lay both the Yes and No outcomes - which is confusing because of the double negative in laying the possibility of the No outcome.
LeTiss

Sorry fellas, I've clearly not made myself clear

When MVG (or Wright) hits a 180 at the start of a leg, the chances of a 9 darter are on, and some punters love backing a 9 dart finish, so the 'in play' price momentarily collapses

You can currently lay 1.06-1.08 on there being NO 9 dart finish tonight, so even for a £100 lay you're only risking £6-8

My strategy suggested offering that lay because MVG will almost certainly start a number of sets where the 9 dart finish is looking possible. You will see some big swings tonight during those moments, giving a wonderful opportunity for a nice green

Laying a selection at 1.07 means the losses can easily be kept to a minimum
marko236

I think it's a good trade to, low risk in terms of money for a high return.

If he gets two 180's in a row the return will be very good and i think there's a good chance of it happening.
Euler

Not sure how many matches it covers, but probably quite a few. Nice idea for a trade, especially the number of 180's these guys chucked in the semis.

http://www.pdc.tv/nine-dart-club
BJGardner

Coverage is also on Radio 5 Live, Darts on the radio :P
convoysur-2

radio 5 not covering it ,
but i found a stream .
http://cricfree.tv/live/live_sports_str ... onship/331
PeterLe

good call Le Tiss
Eric Bristow helped the cause ther saying a nine darter was on the cards!
Euler

Y, price popped out to 1.10 on that.
to75ne

never traded a darts match - i assumed it would be quite dull - changed my mind. :)
NileVentures

Radio 5 commentary on DAB is 2.5seconds ahead of Sky
convoysur-2

Thanks Lee
I got out with 8.30 profit ,Thanks
I could have made alot more but got out because i dont really understand darts and that market. thanks for the heads up..ill be looking at it more in the future ,
Marc

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”