DOBing - Back & Lay at 50% Guardian Automation Bot

Frinck

Sorry for not making that clearer... Yes, it's the lay bet that doesn't do anything, leading me to wonder if my version of your rule doesn't know which horse to lay.
Dallas

It be because when you back the 3rd fav near the off at the time it comes into 50% of its odds during the race it most likely wont be 3rd fav anymore so the "Green up does' nt know it has to fire"

What you need to do is add a rule type
"Fix market order"
Only trigger the once
Set the time to a few seconds before your back bet is placed
No parameters or conditions required

This now tells Bet Angel to remember the order exactly as it is at this moment for the duration of the race

Now just ensure on your "green up" (lay bet) is applied to 3rd fav
betunfair

If you add the following conditions

"Historic Relative Odds Condition"
To specify the price has to now be 10 ticks less than it was 300 secs ago (5mins)

and "Fixed Odds Condition"
To specify the odds are below 10.0
Hi Dallas - How would you actually set this up in the Bot - Would it be in the 'Close Nom' part of the rule and if so could you describe how to setup the Historic and fixed odds conditions - I do apologise, I do struggle with these rules. I don't yet fully understand the logic involved, but I will continue to study until I do understand. Thanks again Dallas.
Dallas

They would both be added to the conditions of the Back part/s of the rule.

If you have a look at my latest post it gives you some links helping user to build their own first rule and to plenty of video's which detail most of the features within automation in some way or another and what situations to use them in.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11396

Also the Bet Angel user manual has details of each of the Rule types, Parameters & conditions available.
http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/cond ... Ex&mw=MzIw

But anything you get stuck on or are unsure just post a reply or open a separate thread if the question is a bit off this topic.
Frinck

Dallas wrote:It be because when you back the 3rd fav near the off at the time it comes into 50% of its odds during the race it most likely wont be 3rd fav anymore so the "Green up does' nt know it has to fire"

What you need to do is add a rule type
"Fix market order"
Only trigger the once
Set the time to a few seconds before your back bet is placed
No parameters or conditions required

This now tells Bet Angel to remember the order exactly as it is at this moment for the duration of the race

Now just ensure on your "green up" (lay bet) is applied to 3rd fav
Brilliant! This is the link I was missing - thank you so much. Btw, tested this system against some of the suggestions on that site you referred to earlier in this thread, and got some very positive results...
Tommassi

Following up on this post, I wondered the best site(s) available for checking how horses previously traded in play ?
sirpete1uk

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for sharing the rule file and look forward to testing offline 1st.

Thats stats site you PM'd to Betnfuir seems a very good research tool to be used in picking runners to DOB.

I have tried both links shared by PeterLe but cannot replecate the screen shot or even the information of the other site.

Please could you send me the link also as I would like to do the research before I dive i,n as it where.

I normally stick to football bets but seems a trusted stratergy over the years with the right research done.

Many thanks.

Pete
DRED1

Hi Dallas thanks for this,it suits exactly what I'm looking for. I have great pre race stats so all great.

I've set up the bot, one question though please , how can i adjust the % ? at the moment you have 50% , maybe i wont be that hopeful and go for 30%

Thanks again

DR :)
Dallas

DRED1 wrote:Hi Dallas thanks for this,it suits exactly what I'm looking for. I have great pre race stats so all great.

I've set up the bot, one question though please , how can i adjust the % ? at the moment you have 50% , maybe i wont be that hopeful and go for 30%

Thanks again

DR :)
You cant input a percentage but you can calculate the approx profit that a percentage relates to then on the "Close Nom 1 & 2" rule types go onto the conditions tab and change the amount of profit you want
DRED1

Very kind thanks mate. To put the cherry on the cake I'd like to have everything as you suggested :) But a little stop loss in as well.

So I do my homework on the stats select my horses as you've set up, if they hit my % cool if they go into red so much ..Bang trade out red.
Is this possible ?

Many thanks for getting me into automation, I only saw this info on Peters tweet's
DR
DRED1

Also noticed on new Bet Angel Betdaq wouldn't let me download the file,will just copy details over from Dobbing Bot
DR
Dallas

DRED1 wrote:Very kind thanks mate. To put the cherry on the cake I'd like to have everything as you suggested :) But a little stop loss in as well.

So I do my homework on the stats select my horses as you've set up, if they hit my % cool if they go into red so much ..Bang trade out red.
Is this possible ?

Many thanks for getting me into automation, I only saw this info on Peters tweet's
DR
Yes its possible just add another close noms rule type for each nom with the following condition

Close Trade profit condition
less than -£X.XX (dont forget the minus sign and enter the loss you want)

Now it will either green up at your profit or red up at your loss which ever happens first
DRED1 wrote:Also noticed on new Bet Angel Betdaq wouldn't let me download the file,will just copy details over from Dobbing Bot
DR
Not all the automation features avalible for Betfair are avalible within Betdaq so some of the rules wont work or you may have to change them slightly, once enough people start to make the switch then more updates can be added in the future to bring Betdaq in line
DRED1

Very kind of you mate, thanks for your help Best of Luck.
DR
DRED1

Just followed your instructions , But it still only says in Nom close box only condition 1 , should it say 2 now i have made this adjustement ?
thanks
D

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”