Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
Atho55

I mentioned this before, am in Leicestershire and listening to TAB radio via Alexa, looks like the Meadows Greyhound racing commentary. No idea where the feed comes from but some Aus commentators.
megarain

whimsies wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:13 am
Getting zero delay and live pics from Morphettville, flemington and moe. Dont know why as trade pre off so no interest to me but am willing to help the forum out with video feed but not sure how.
That's v generous - there were feeds this morning from Flemington, Moe, Ascot, Kalgoorlie, Rosehill and a shed load of trots. The feed is likely to change once Singapore re-start racing. Uploading the video to (5+) users will require a dedicated machine and bandwidth, plus associated equipment. It's hard to know how to progress etc. I will give users another week to +1, then try see what people are prepared to pay.

I am not trying to make money from feeds - but think you will find its more time consuming than u think, and it needs compensation. I really feel once the world gets back to normal, the desire for Aus feeds will die again - so, it might all be for little etc. Am happy to instruct/share etc. Just pure 'freeloaders' will have to pay - at least on my watch.

The set-up should be available for other sports in Aus/Nz.
Naffman

megarain wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:37 pm
whimsies wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:13 am
Getting zero delay and live pics from Morphettville, flemington and moe. Dont know why as trade pre off so no interest to me but am willing to help the forum out with video feed but not sure how.
That's v generous - there were feeds this morning from Flemington, Moe, Ascot, Kalgoorlie, Rosehill and a shed load of trots. The feed is likely to change once Singapore re-start racing. Uploading the video to (5+) users will require a dedicated machine and bandwidth, plus associated equipment. It's hard to know how to progress etc. I will give users another week to +1, then try see what people are prepared to pay.

I am not trying to make money from feeds - but think you will find its more time consuming than u think, and it needs compensation. I really feel once the world gets back to normal, the desire for Aus feeds will die again - so, it might all be for little etc. Am happy to instruct/share etc. Just pure 'freeloaders' will have to pay - at least on my watch.

The set-up should be available for other sports in Aus/Nz.
I'm a +1 and definitely appreciate all the effort people are making to try and make this possible
Jasonffc1

+1
jamesedwards

I'm interested in both audio and visual feeds. :D
megarain

Plse dont msg me. I will update when ready.
megarain

A radio feed will be available for testing in about 3 days.

I will send a PM to those +1, and go from there.
Anbell

+1
megarain

Radio feed seems solid.

If anyone wants to test, plse create a Zoom account with your forum name, and PM me.
rik

works great, thank you for the effort, let me know how to make amends
megarain

Radio is on.

Same connection details
Anbell

FYI: Later in the day, WA horses often lose priority and they dont switch till they've jumped (like that race just now). I use a video feed as a backup
rik

Anbell wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:58 am
FYI: Later in the day, WA horses often lose priority and they dont switch till they've jumped (like that race just now). I use a video feed as a backup
The races I was doing coverage was very good. Just remember 1 race that I switched to internet radio. They don't seem to miss any of the bigger races which is the most important.
I do market making for Greyhounds as well which coverage could better on RSN but its not as time sensitive anyway and for the most part they start around 40 seconds after off time whereas horses can differ wildly and obviously there is inrunning.
Do you have best reception for RSN or how come you prefer it to Sky? As its called Racing and Sport do you know if they cover Australian Open tennis or other major sport events as well?

Soundwise its very clear for analogue radio. Sometimes words get a bit "dragged out". Im not very technical but it doesn't seem like typical buffering problem due to bad internet connection.

Overall very happy with the feed, much more relaxed trading with up to date information, thank you.
BigToad

Hi MegaRain it wont allow me to DM you but have zoom account ready to go to give it try
megarain

Radio on

Return to “Trading Horse racing”