In play Betting Diary Challenge 2022

On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 pm
I am not necessarily looking to jump on the market right the second when a goal has been scored...

And what’s wrong with using an app like SofaScore to notify you?
Exactly, you're not looking to do it but you will because you won't be aware of an on-target shot at goal and could be placing a bet on a time as the ball is heading into the net.

How quickly does SofaScore notify you? Surely the market will notify you quicker?
Betfair tends to suspend the market when it looks like the ball is heading into the net.

SofaScore app tends to be very quick. Quicker than the bet fair app itself. Sometimes in some leagues. if watching the life feed from betfaie or bet365, SofaScore notifies you even BEFORE you see the goal go in.

In those leagues using a special paid for video feed can give you a slight advantage, as Kai mentioned. But it’s very minor, I was never able to make any real good use out of that.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 pm
I am not necessarily looking to jump on the market right the second when a goal has been scored...

And what’s wrong with using an app like SofaScore to notify you?
Exactly, you're not looking to do it but you will because you won't be aware of an on-target shot at goal and could be placing a bet on a time as the ball is heading into the net.

How quickly does SofaScore notify you? Surely the market will notify you quicker?
Betfair tends to suspend the market when it looks like the ball is heading into the net.

SofaScore app tends to be very quick. Quicker than the bet fair app itself. Sometimes in some leagues. if watching the life feed from betfaie or bet365, SofaScore notifies you even BEFORE you see the goal go in.

In those leagues using a special paid for video feed can give you a slight advantage, as Kai mentioned. But it’s very minor, I was never able to make any real good use out of that.
No, they suspend as or after a goal's been scored. You were watching delayed pictures. Sometimes people with fast pics can beat the delay and get their bets in before Betfair suspend. It's a clear advantage to people with fast pics and a manageable disadvantage for people who don't. But if you're betting and not trading, without even watching the game, you will get caught out occasionally.
Kai

On_The_Edge wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:06 pm
Not using any software. What is it’s advantage in football, except a slightly faster way to execute the trades? And what is this ladder advantage that you mentioned?
There are countless advantages of using trading software, in your case it would probably be one-click trading with fastest price updates, getting better prices for entries or exits and the ability to trade the price action as well besides placing a few value bets.

If you're using the cashout feature you are probably giving away a good chunk of money back to the market just because of convenience. Might be worth to check out this thread as well regarding cashout : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25039
On_The_Edge

Maybe I also did get a bet or two in as well with fast pics before suspension, but that’s rare. I don’t really remember. You almost need to predict that a goal is going in and jump on ASAP. Doesn’t happen often.

I definitely know that fast pix can give advantage with things like debatable penalties, from my own experience but again doesn’t happen often.
Euler

On_The_Edge wrote:
To give you an example of how far adrift you are here. Somebody on this forum wrote a plug in for Bet Angel to pull in sofascore data. That's the level you are swimming with here. You've jumped into the deep end.
On_The_Edge

I laid Lille at 1.76 in full time market and also at 1.27 at Half time market.
footysystems

Euler wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
To give you an example of how far adrift you are here. Somebody on this forum wrote a plug in for Bet Angel to pull in sofascore data. That's the level you are swimming with here. You've jumped into the deep end.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=24908
Kai

As harsh as some of the feedback may seem, it's all coming from profitable traders so shouldn't be taken lightly, if people on here think there is something wrong with your approach then there probably is, the more in the wrong you are the bigger of a reaction you will invoke...

After all, you did ask what's the point of software on a forum that is literally dedicated to trading software.
Derek27

footysystems wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm
Euler wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=24908
Thanks footysystems, and sniffer66. :D That was posted before I was really into footy so I missed it. Haven't used AutoIt for a long time but it is indeed very powerful!

Edit: so this thread hasn't been a total waste after all. :D
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:55 pm
After all, you did ask what's the point of software on a forum that is literally dedicated to trading software.
:lol: It's amazing how what's blindingly obvious gets lost under a heap of bets. :lol:
On_The_Edge

Score at Marseille is 1-1 now.

Laid Belenenses at 2.06 in half time market and backed Porto at 1.84 in full time market .

Laid Inter at 2.54.
ShaunWhite

The new people who'll struggle are easy to spot, they're the ones who post more statements than questions.

OP: As Kai, Euler and others have said, unlike a lot of other gambling forums there's there's a lot of full-timers on here collectively turning over 100s of million a year. Even though we make a living from losers, some people seem to be trying to help so you can either take the comments on board or take them on the chin.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:55 pm
:lol: It's amazing how what's blindingly obvious gets lost under a heap of bets. :lol:
I hope that doesn't make me Captain Obvious :D

On_The_Edge

Kai: thanks about the software. What’s trading price action? Do you mean simply following the trend?

Finished trading for the day. Nice profitable opportunities this evening at Marseille, Inter, Porto, Real Madrid. Nice profit for the day overall, without any software in sight, and only max 5-10 min of match watching overall.
On_The_Edge

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:19 pm
Even though we make a living from losers, some people seem to be trying to help so you can either take the comments on board or take them on the chin.
I’ll see if I’ll also be taking profits from losers ;). I already took some today.

Return to “Sports betting strategies”