Australian racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

Sandown R5 the only interesting mkt so far
mcgoo

eightbo wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:12 am
Forgot I don't have much edge on Wednesday, going straight back to skipping these sessions from next wk.
Indeed.Ditto.. Got owned today. Can't work Wednesdays out :evil:
mcgoo

TipTopTrader wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 am
Will be interesting to see what type of volume will be traded on the races.
Can't bloody wait :D
sniffer66

Naffman wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:29 am
Already offering in-play and BSP too - I wonder if UK users will be able to trade or if its just restricted to Aussies
That was my question. The article implies its for Aussies only - given the focus on bringing money back onshore.
Naffman

I'm guessing Betfair is still illegal in Hong Kong?

It almost feels like the HKJC want to get the illegal HK wagering back, the Aussies will hardly be betting much in Asia.
The dog of ry

purely anecdotal, but I know a lot who prefer HK racing to the racing here, it's seen as cleaner (amazing I know after the likes of Nash and Munce etc).. I'm super keen to see how it goes, there is word a huge amount of Aus money goes through Citibet.... Seems like HKJC have wised up and tried to counter the black market. A lot of ex Australian and NZ horses land in HK so I guess that fuels the markets to an extent
Naffman

The dog of ry wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:33 pm
purely anecdotal, but I know a lot who prefer HK racing to the racing here, it's seen as cleaner (amazing I know after the likes of Nash and Munce etc).. I'm super keen to see how it goes, there is word a huge amount of Aus money goes through Citibet.... Seems like HKJC have wised up and tried to counter the black market. A lot of ex Australian and NZ horses land in HK so I guess that fuels the markets to an extent
Agreed - it almost seems like a last ditched attempt to stop illegal exchanges, I remember HK gave Aussies access to their tote pools maybe a year ago, what a surprise a 130% market didnt do the trick...
Naffman

https://www.gamblinginsider.com/news/77 ... kjc-wishes

Hmm looks like the HKJC disapproves it, wonder how it got through
Derek27

Very weak markets tonight. Looking forward to the first group one tomorrow morning.
PDC

Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:48 am
From September 1, betting will be available for Hong Kong racing!

https://www.racing.com/news/2019-08-21/ ... ong-racing
Reading the announcements it is not clear that these markets will be available outside of Australia? They appear to be for the Australian Betfair only from the way it is worded, does Peter know more as I saw a tweet saying he had been in discussion with Betfair about the markets, so could you provide more information please Peter.

Also the announcement seems to be guaranteeing that markets will return an SP of 100% all the time via a new product offering, anyone more information on that? It would be amazing if they could guarantee a 100% book all the time.

I also read it that HKJC have not sanctioned this move which makes it all the more curious. I won't be getting my hopes up too much about these markets as I suspect they won't attract much money in reality even if open to all.

But at least we can look at Hong Kong markets now which won't make Sky Sports Racing switching away from the Australian coverage when still plenty of good racing on for one race every 45 mins from Hong Kong quite so frustrating.
Euler

Yes, we have been chatting with BF Australia and they say the markets will be available to everybody.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:56 pm
Yes, we have been chatting with BF Australia and they say the markets will be available to everybody.
That's excellent, thanks for the info.
TipTopTrader

Shot of Irish no1 race 1 Moonee Valley looks like a great back to lay dob. I will be win betting. Good luck trader!!!
gazuty

Bots set, good to see G1 racing back. Have a great day.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

Best of luck. Nice to see you doing well without the need for excel.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”