Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
Archangel

Is anyone subscribed to the paid plus version of this ?
napshnap

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:09 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:36 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:35 am

It will remember you saying that, you know,
😁 It's was a provocative way to explain that calling it "intelllegence" has made people believe it is.

ChatGPT has been irritating me a bit. I've been trying to fix a server issue and its been going like this

Chat: Type tn /enablelogging at the command line.
Me: That's an invalid command
Chat: Yes you are right, type tn /enable
Me : That enables the task not the logging
Chat: Yes you are right, you should contact the system administrator
Me: That's me

And that's after days of bug fixing rubbish api(http) code with only half the required parameters referenced.

It's good, but not that good. (I use gpt4)
LOL not only that but it also tends to "hallucinate", make things up out of thin air and if someone thinks it doesnt happen that often....then I suggest to look it up :) It does !
I think a lot of people have found or will find themselves quite surprised after a while (if not immediately) that it has never been a good idea to trust this thing in the first place :)
It's like asking a hammer with glued googly-eyes about the meaning of life).
Kai

ShaunWhite wrote:
Kai wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:57 pm
It's dumb as a box of frogs though, it's just shit hot at using Google.
😁 It's was a provocative way to explain that calling it "intelllegence" has made people believe it is.

ChatGPT has been irritating me a bit. I've been trying to fix a server issue and its been going like this

Heard worse conversations between 2 humans

If anything, the AI mimics our intelligence level all too well!
Trader724

ShaunWhite wrote:
Kai wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:57 pm
It's dumb as a box of frogs though, it's just shit hot at using Google.

And that's after days of bug fixing rubbish api(http) code with only half the required parameters referenced.

It's good, but not that good. (I use gpt4)
Perhaps inadvertently you had the conversation with the female version?
ShaunWhite

Trader724 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:51 pm
Perhaps inadvertently you had the conversation with the female version?
Narr definately the male version, lots of self confidence but scratch the surface and it doesn't know as much as it would have you believe. A fembot wouldn't be so reluctant to say it doesn't really know. :)
ShaunWhite

This forum needs a general tech thread..... But in the absence of one and a new thread being OTT for one question......

..... Is anyone using Microsoft Power BI.? Or Azure?

For the uninitiated it's akin to Excel but with no data size limit, live analytics, json and api support, connectivity to ML and AI...... and it's free for personal use.
sionascaig

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:58 pm
This forum needs a general tech thread..... But in the absence of one and a new thread being OTT for one question......

For the uninitiated it's akin to Excel but with no data size limit, live analytics, json and api support, connectivity to ML and AI...... and it's free for personal use.
Used it a little but its ott for what I need so been happy with PQ... I did notice that MS are releasing a new AI tool for 365 though which sounds interesting.

"Copilot in Excel works alongside you to help analyze and explore your data. Ask Copilot questions about your data set in natural language, not just formulas. It will reveal correlations, propose what-if scenarios, and suggest new formulas based on your questions—generating models based on your questions that help you explore your data without modifying it. Identify trends, create powerful visualizations, or ask for recommendations to drive different outcomes."
firlandsfarm

Has anybody asked it who will win the 15:00 at Warwick this afternoon?! :)
sionascaig

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:44 pm
I asked Bard for some horse stats, it wasn't even close.. Gave 3 "drafts" for 1 horse all with wrong (and different) ratings & results.

edit - and when asked if it would win, said I should "consult a bookmaker"
firlandsfarm

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:50 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:44 pm
I asked Bard for some horse stats, it wasn't even close.. Gave 3 "drafts" for 1 horse all with wrong (and different) ratings & results.

edit - and when asked if it would win, said I should "consult a bookmaker"
:lol:
foxwood

ShaunWhite wrote:
Used PowerBI a few years ago but was pretty useless - better off doing SQL queries in SSMS and when you find something interesting put the relevant data in Excel and use Pivot tables and charting if you need pics.

Current release seems to think it's special - won't let you sign in with a personal email ffs - also no desire to put my data interpretations / visualizations or anything else up in the MS cloud.
Archangel

ShaunWhite wrote:

Using both in day job. PowerBI and Azure Dev Ops
ShaunWhite

thanks foxwood and Archangel, your names are going in the little black book for when gpt runs out of answers. ;) I'm all sql when it comes to price data but I've always stored my bet history in excel for some reason. But I'm doing over 100k bets a month so it's pain and it needs a better solution. Admin is something that never quite reaches the top of the in-tray.
Michael5482

Looks like Chat GPT has downed tools, the only time I have requested assistance today as well :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
foxwood

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:13 pm
... but I've always stored my bet history in excel for some reason. But I'm doing over 100k bets a month so it's pain and it needs a better solution ...
Quick and easy - do a bulk import using SSMS straight from the excel file or a specially built csv with bet data plus any extra info like strategy etc - depends what your "bet history" consists of and what else you have you can link to. I keep bet data not only to monitor strategies but to compare reality against backtest.

Return to “General discussion”