Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Iron

Major gamble on Alluring Star in the 16:15 Carlisle!

Happy days! :D

Jeff
L.o.S

Struggling with a new bias. I'm completely unable to lay any favourite at the moment because the prices are being smashed in so violently that the potential for loss is too huge. As shown by my p&l! But I also don't want to blindly back so I feel like I'm trading blind.
Iron

Then go with the trend rather than opposing it! :)

Jeff
L.o.S wrote:Struggling with a new bias. I'm completely unable to lay any favourite at the moment because the prices are being smashed in so violently that the potential for loss is too huge. As shown by my p&l!
L.o.S

Agreed! Seems pretty obvious that 2-3 priced favourites will have these 25 tick moves even 10 mins out as just there on Ebony Roc.

Cheers Jeff, you must be bored of my dithering! :D
Iron

LoS - Not at all. :)

Remember that, because the races are quite far spaced about this afternoon, punters and traders may start going at them earlier than they would if they were at (say) 5 minute intervals.

You may have heard in this forum of a guy called the Mad Bomber. He's a guy (or maybe an organisation) who pops up from time to time to chuck insane amount of money into the market at apparently random intervals. I'd say he's been about since Saturday last week.

Jeff
L.o.S wrote:Agreed! Seems pretty obvious that 2-3 priced favourites will have these 25 tick moves even 10 mins out as just there on Ebony Roc.

Cheers Jeff, you must be bored of my dithering! :D
L.o.S

Cheers, a year or two down the line when I've really cracked this I'll be sure to spend a lot of time answering 20 questions people like me :)

Yes almost feels like a luxury in a way, in the past when I've tried trading this far out it's only ended in tears, unless it's a longer term trade started at 10am!

I read through a long long thread on that, I agree the source of the bombing has been around for a week at least now, I keep forgetting that it will be around and only remember after a moment of pain closing a trade 15 ticks the wrong direction. Clawed it back today and back in the black, I guess I am overcomplicating things a little!

Nearly stopped trading and just took my two best swing trades, back to back. Trying to fit all these lessons in my head!
switesh

Very definite pattern, Carlile and Kempton - almost all races - no exception.

Heavy gambles landing on all Fav's.
L.o.S

switesh wrote:Very definite pattern, Carlile and Kempton - almost all races - no exception.

Heavy gambles landing on all Fav's.
It was for that reason I didn't lay Hydrant after scratching at 3.5, taken too many beatings recently. Hopefully this was just the exception, I do dislike missing moves!
herbie

Im getting smashed all the time..cant find a way in today..
L.o.S

herbie wrote:Im getting smashed all the time..cant find a way in today..
My move is simply wait 15 seconds before the end of the last race and take a backing position on the favourite. It's definitely a net winner today, if it goes wrong a few ticks is worth the risk. Jeff helped hammer that home, no point fighting the new charateristic!
dmbusa

I have started to do my usual stuff at 10 mins out rather than 5 mins out, normally don't like to do that as the markets are stable but to day they seem to be more stable then and mad out 5 mins out
L.o.S

Yeah it's true, normally can't trade that far out (at least I can't). Some of the graphs recently have just been mental, I wonder how long it'll last.
dmbusa

I have my thoughts that some one has release a new betting bot and there is a fault (or deliberate error) in it
switesh

This chart sums up what today's racing has been like. The 7:05 Sell Stks at Wind.

The pattern of all fav's been backed extremely heavily began with Kempton and Carlisle, the same trend continued for Windsor.

I cannot even begin to comprehend the hit I've taken today. Confidence and Bank slaughtered like the plague.

Note to Peter (Euler): I think today has been 'The day of the Steamer', and a vicious one at that. If you've collected data perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing your notes and thoughts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iron

Switesh - What are you planning to do to turn things around?

If I can make a suggestion, it might be worth trading in practice mode until the Mad Bomber disappears or you find a way of profiting from them. :)

Jeff

Return to “Trading Horse racing”