EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
marksmeets302

Vix index has jumped from 13 a week ago to almost 22 now. Markets are getting nervous.
Euler

Just waiting for the four horsemen to arrive
hgodden

I wonder if in the future with advancements computer power there will be a relatively accurate way of determining what will actually happen in either outcome of votes such as this? And whether people would actually take any notice!

I know they're not perfect, but I'd like to see politicians from both sides take polygraph tests on everything they're saying in this, and ahead of all other elections. They use them during the recruitment process for MI5 so I don't see why they don't use them in votes as important as this as it would allow the public to separate the genuine ones from the bullshitters and really hold these people accountable to everything that comes out of their mouths
superfrank

hgodden wrote:I know they're not perfect, but I'd like to see politicians from both sides take polygraph tests on everything they're saying in this, and ahead of all other elections.
Homer Simpson-simple lie detector
https://youtu.be/sWXGEia01fE
SeaHorseRacing

superfrank wrote:
hgodden wrote:I know they're not perfect, but I'd like to see politicians from both sides take polygraph tests on everything they're saying in this, and ahead of all other elections.
Homer Simpson-simple lie detector
https://youtu.be/sWXGEia01fE
Enjoyed that! :lol:
marksmeets302

34 million matched already (double counting). Is that a record for betfair?
LeTiss

I was expecting to see a bigger reaction to the death of Jo Cox, and Remain having a bouce
vankancisco

Not sure if there'll be less noise and inflammation coming from the leave side since the tragic death of Jo Cox, but staunch Brexiteer Toby Young could have been mistaken for remain on Daily Politics.
LeTiss

I don't think Leave should worry about respecting Jo Cox

Let's be honest, lefties are always quick to defend Muslims after an ISIS terrorist attack.......they don't represent all Muslims blah blah blah, so this fella clearly doesn't represent everyone right of centre politics
vankancisco

Hard hitting words, but ill judged that demonstrates a lack of understanding. The fact is she absolutely should be respected - not many would argue against that.
bennyboy351

I reckon if we could get decent odds on the policies that politicians tout BEFORE an election - and lay the final outcome - we'd make a bl**dy fortune! :-)
convoysur-2

the market is quite active to day for anyone looking for trades..im off to do things,enjoy
convoysur-2

any signs of sterling takling a tumble in gona buy a load of it,
it always rises ,it always did,its only a question of when,
buying sterling when its weak has been very very good to me over the past decades.
i live only 15 mins from the borders in the R O I .so its a short drive to the bureau de change,
Marc
Dallas

I was looking at doing something similar and laying the exit and covering it with a currency position on EUR/GBP
convoysur-2

Dallas wrote:I was looking at doing something similar and laying the exit and covering it with a currency position on EUR/GBP
im gona wait,,,all eyes will be on the city.if it looks like a leave then surly sterling will start to tumble,its only then i will make a decision,i think its too early to move yet,
or at least i dont have a stratagy for the way things are right now,

Return to “Political betting & arguing”