Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

3virgul14

I am indeed a PC2 payer and some of the guys I know, but I can assure you all that mail did not reach none of us.. So premium accounts should be addressing someone else?
Euler

PC payers are not necessarily VIP accounts. Perhaps there are new classes or sub-divisions.

I've always offered to Betfair to circulate relevant information but always seem to be the one chasing for it.
Euler

I've found the 'official' description of the SP rules: -

https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQs_SPrules.html
weemac

Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Thanks - I'd been scouring their help pages looking for it. Here's the bit that refers to outages:

"If for whatever reason the site is unavailable when an event starts, Betfair will determine the SP using all available information. For the avoidance of doubt this information will not be limited to betting activity on the relevant Betfair market(s)."

Considering the mayhem that erupts with every outage, and the potential for outlier losses, I really hope BA can prioritise the Guardian facility to Green-up at any chosen odds; not only the current level as is currently the case.

As I outlined earlier, it would then become simple to tell Guardian to enter these green-up bets into the market every few minutes and select Take SP. It wouldn't green up perfectly in an outage, but it would almost certainly eliminate the vast bulk of liabilities.
Euler

I already take my bets to SP but that only works if Betfair choose to reconcile them at SP and the time they choose to do that.
Kai

The lack of clarity and communication coming from Betfair on this matter is upsetting. Feels like they're just winging it on a case by case basis, don't think they'll sort themselves out unless forced.
BetScalper

Current CEO: [email protected]
Atho55

Euler

Betfair hasn't had code that directly interacts with the database for quite a few years I believe. But the thrust of the article is correct that they have tied themselves into a position where a better solution could emerge at relatively low cost.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:20 pm
PC payers are not necessarily VIP accounts. Perhaps there are new classes or sub-divisions.

I've always offered to Betfair to circulate relevant information but always seem to be the one chasing for it.
You should at least be on the Board of Directors. I think of you as a VVIP Euler.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Have you seen the Betfair SPs for the 7pm yesterday. They have put the Place BSP as the BSP.

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/r ... icap-chase
spreadbetting

I had some bets settled at BSP in the race, the bit that surprised me were the prices for Top Chief (5.59) & Alanjou (5.69) both of which had an industry SP of 4/1.

I'd always been led to believe they manually reconciled the BSP's by adjusting the industry SP to 100% (think it returned around 99.8% overall for the race) obviously that doesn't seem to be the case and they must be using outstanding liabilities they hold within the market to create these manual prices. I'd asked back in 2009 when they'd voided bets in a race I was involved in and was told then the prices were manually adjusted to create as close to a 100% book for fairness.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 pm
I had some bets settled at BSP in the race, the bit that surprised me were the prices for Top Chief (5.59) & Alanjou (5.69) both of which had an industry SP of 4/1.

I'd always been led to believe they manually reconciled the BSP's by adjusting the industry SP to 100% (think it returned around 99.8% overall for the race) obviously that doesn't seem to be the case and they must be using outstanding liabilities they hold within the market to create these manual prices. I'd asked back in 2009 when they'd voided bets in a race I was involved in and was told then the prices were manually adjusted to create as close to a 100% book for fairness.
If they use ISP and adjust to get 100% book, they must be exposing themselves to a liability on some selections and a profit on others.
spreadbetting

Bookmakers always run with some liabilities on their books, even I do, you can't always get a balanced book and it's not a big deal for the exchange to be exposed to BSP liabilities on maybe 10 races a year. I'm just passing on the fact I was told in 2009 they adjusted the ISP's to garner a 100% book which obviously doesn't appear to be the case if those runners didn't return the same BSP despite having the same ISP.
Dallas

Live score feed suddenly stopped on Sabalenka tennis match now (not sure if other games have stopped) but automation has been disabled just in case!

It had also frozen on the BF website so not just API related

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”