Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

Brazil Serie A starts tonight, 22:30. :D
Derek27

Great start to Brazilian Serie A. Suspend for a yellow card and then bugger off home!!
Beagle

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:26 am
Btw for those that get involved in the preoff markets beware of early lineup leaks from the FPL crowd, on these big matches like City and Arsenal etc

Liverpool especially seems to have a mole again, the full lineup was leaked 6 hours before teamsheets last match and 3+ hours the match before

Happens all the time now.

Ali back today. Team been leaked already.
Kai

Beagle wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:54 am
Kai wrote:
Btw for those that get involved in the preoff markets beware of early lineup leaks from the FPL crowd, on these big matches like City and Arsenal etc

Liverpool especially seems to have a mole again, the full lineup was leaked 6 hours before teamsheets last match and 3+ hours the match before

This is worse than the annoying mole they had years ago, soon as team's morning meeting is done the lineup is out there already

Knowing who plays 4+ hours before teamsheets is ridiculous, and all they care about are FPL points

I've made a lot of money from these things overall but I trade around uncertainty anyway and would rather the market don't know who plays
Beagle

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:04 am
Beagle wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:54 am
Kai wrote:

This is worse than the annoying mole they had years ago, soon as team's morning meeting is done the lineup is out there already

Knowing who plays 4+ hours before teamsheets is ridiculous, and all they care about are FPL points

I've made a lot of money from these things overall but I trade around uncertainty anyway and would rather the market don't know who plays

I too wish the holes were sealed. I’ve had to adapt over the years and have done okay from it but at times missed opportunities, having put the ground work in pre-empting a move but awaiting more confirmation like the old days - training photos, who's travelled, who’s on the coach etc etc… only for the team to be leaked hours before and the markets already reacted.

It’s a case of ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’ unfortunately.
Kai

Some diminishing returns there for sure, I try to minimize the amount of prep work as it can also lead to overthinking simple things

The leaks are an annoying concept as it goes against my market making etc, at least years ago most of it was false info which can play into your hands
greenmark

Staggering result. Ross County 3 Rangers 2. Rangers were awful. I really can't explan that result/performance. I t ws like Rangers had a cumlative hangover. So lacking in energy, precision, guile. Weird.
Kai

So looks like another comfortable 3-1 afternoon at Liverpool
Kai

Gerrard-esque slip there from big Virg
greenmark

Liverpool looking disturbingly like Rangers earlier. Just blunt.
weemac

Leeds, Leicester, Porto, Rangers, Milan, Liverpool, and I'm sure plenty more....at this stage of the season you see often hugely odds-on teams wilting under the pressure.
henbet22

And then there were two.
Kai

The Anfield crowd has become intolerable, unless they get that first goal they choke the players instead

Players lost their heads at 15minutes already and started gifting away more chances, hard to believe what I've just watched even tho I saw it coming 👀
greenmark

Pretty awful day for me. Arsenal is my only hope. :-( But maybe Bayer leverkussen later may help too.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm
Pretty awful day for me. Arsenal is my only hope. :-( But maybe Bayer leverkussen later may help too.
When dust settles you will see that LFC still overachieved this season with an early trophy in the bag

And when did they get European glory without a big comeback win, it's the Liverpool way ;)

Return to “Football trading”