Automation for correct score football market

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
eminbe

jimibt wrote:
eminbe wrote:
jimibt wrote:after thinking about this (and thanks shaun for your version too), I've come up with a simple little rule to address your immediate issue.

This rule literally does:
1. identify the current active score at 55 mins
2. place a lay bet for £xx liability on that selection
3. job done

Also, as with shauns rule, there are no conditions attached to the placing of the lay bet, so you should add conditions regards book% and potentially even only place the lay if the odds are < 5.5 on the lay bet etc...

this is untested, so let me know if this works for you.
cheers
jim
Hi Jim,

I used your automation, its working fine so far after changing the 'Relative to in-play time' to 'Relative to event start time' Thank you.

I would like to tweak it up so it can avoid placing bets on selections:
17-Any Other Home Win,
18-Any Other Away Win,
19-Any Other Draw

Any help would be apricated.
here you go. just added 3 signals that invalidate the placing of the lay, if they are part of the Any Other options.

keep me posted.
jim
Thanks Jim.

I will test it, I will have to change the selection because there is hardly a chance for a game to be on Any Other Home Win, Any Other Away Win and Any Other Draw. 17, 18 and 19.

The other thing I noticed is the 3 signals you added are all in the same time slots, do you think it's better to have a few seconds time gap in between?
jimibt

eminbe wrote: The other thing I noticed is the 3 signals you added are all in the same time slots, do you think it's better to have a few seconds time gap in between?
as far as i'm aware, the rules run asynchronysly, so the 3 Anyxxx lines will all run at the same time, so no need to worry about that.

I'm not 100% certain what you mean when you talk about this, maybe you could clarify:
eminbe wrote: I will test it, I will have to change the selection because there is hardly a chance for a game to be on Any Other Home Win, Any Other Away Win and Any Other Draw. 17, 18 and 19.
eminbe

jimibt wrote:
eminbe wrote: The other thing I noticed is the 3 signals you added are all in the same time slots, do you think it's better to have a few seconds time gap in between?
as far as i'm aware, the rules run asynchronysly, so the 3 Anyxxx lines will all run at the same time, so no need to worry about that.

I'm not 100% certain what you mean when you talk about this, maybe you could clarify:
eminbe wrote: I will test it, I will have to change the selection because there is hardly a chance for a game to be on Any Other Home Win, Any Other Away Win and Any Other Draw. 17, 18 and 19.
Going to change selection 17,18,19 to other selections, just for testing if it's going to avoid it. There is 1 out of 10,000 games that would land in selections 17,18,19 at half time.
jimibt

eminbe wrote: Going to change selection 17,18,19 to other selections, just for testing if it's going to avoid it. There is 1 out of 10,000 games that would land in selections 17,18,19 at half time.
ok, i understand now... during your test phase, you will change the Any xxx selections to something like 1-0/0-1/2-0 in order to verify that it doesn't actually hit those selections, as you won't have many opportunities to test the Any xxxx in real life- gotcha!!
eminbe

jimibt wrote:
eminbe wrote: Going to change selection 17,18,19 to other selections, just for testing if it's going to avoid it. There is 1 out of 10,000 games that would land in selections 17,18,19 at half time.
ok, i understand now... during your test phase, you will change the Any xxx selections to something like 1-0/0-1/2-0 in order to verify that it doesn't actually hit those selections, as you won't have many opportunities to test the Any xxxx in real life- gotcha!!
I did a phase test in a game that is 2-0 at half time, I selected position 9 (2-0) and 10 (2-1) and 19 to be avoided, does it meant to place a lay bet on position 11 (2-2)? it never did. I am just curious.
jimibt

eminbe wrote:
jimibt wrote:
I did a phase test in a game that is 2-0 at half time, I selected position 9 (2-0) and 10 (2-1) and 19 to be avoided, does it meant to place a lay bet on position 11 (2-2)? it never did. I am just curious.
no, there is only ONE current score that will be found, and that is the current active one. the fact that you opted to avoid 2-0 means that this selection would never be selected. this passes the test for you as it means that any selection that is contained inside those three new signals will never place a lay on them, even if they are the current score. when you switch them back to the proper entries, your normal scores will work as planned. the rule will never attempt to place a lay bet on any option other than the current score, if it's a valid entry.

in a nutshell, the logic is correct and you're good to go.
marcinkal

Hi

I'm new in use Bet Angel could someone help me or maybe you Jimibt ShawnWhite?

Didn't want to create the new threat because the topic Is pretty similar, but there is few difference.

I would like to create automation for the football games:

Here are the rules :

1. Score only 0-0 or 1-0 , 0-1

2.There is possible to setup back 0,5 goals if (0-0) or back 1,5goals if (1-0,0-1) for the Price 1.4 or it need to be lay current score at this price?becouse it depends of the score.

Could someone explain this to me or create a ready rule to download it will be appreciated.

Sorry for my English.
lubinho

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:14 am
I've nailed together a rules file that will tell you the correct score by testing 8 selections on the correct score market, returning two market signals, HomeGoals & AwayGoals.

There's no active markets now so I can't test it :( but I'm sure it works. (Famous last words) The logic works even if my baf doesn't.

It's basically....

1. Set RuleActive to 0
2. Test market conditions and set RuleActive to 1
....I like to control my rules with a signal so I can have all my conditions in one place (eg active time window, unsuspended time, volume etc)

3. Set HomeGoals to 4 (4 meaning 4 or more)
4. Set AwayGoals to 4
5. Test if HomeGoals <=3 (Test if sensible odds on 3-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
6. Test if HomeGoals <=2 (Test if sensible odds on 2-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
7. Test if HomeGoals <=1 (Test if sensible odds on 1-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
8. Test if HomeGoals <=0 (Test if sensible odds on 0-3 and decrement HomeGoals)
9. Test if AwayGoals <=3 (Test if sensible odds on 3-3 and decrement AwayGoals)
10. Test if AwayGoals <=2 (Test if sensible odds on 3-2 and decrement AwayGoals)
11. Test if AwayGoals <=1 (Test if sensible odds on 3-1 and decrement AwayGoals)
12. Test if AwayGoals <=0 (Test if sensible odds on 3-0 and decrement AwayGoals)

...and out of the bottom pops market signals for HomeGoals & AwayGoals. ta daa.

You'll still need a transaction rule for each possible selection you might want to trade, but that's not too much of an issue if you're only interested in a few scorelines, but at least you can control if they fire by testing HomeGoals & AwayGoals & RuleActive.

You'll also need to tweak the conditions for what you regard as an active market and sensible odds (eg odds not 1000, or a WoM condition, or an historic odds condition or whatever).

Let me know if anyone tries it...or has a better way.
Hi, tanks for your sharing. I tried your automation but i think i'm missing something because i cant figure out how to read the current score. when i applied your automation to a game with a 2-0 score i got this info on automation log
1.PNG
2.PNG
can you point me some advice on how to read the score?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I'm trying to remember myself as I did this was quite a few weeks ago. I've a feeling it struggled when a suspended market had resumed as the odds were not easily identifiable as 'sensible'. The idea of it was that the signals AwayGoals and HomeGoals were set to appropriate numbers eg 0 and 2 in your example. The log is indicating 0 and 0 which obviously isn't correct.

I'm sorry if you haven't had much sucess with it, as as I said in my message, it was untested and suggested an approach rather than being a 'done and dusted' solution. I really should get around to finishing it off but as you can see by the posting date, it's not something I have needed myself.
Good luck.
lubinho

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'll try something based on your approach :)
ShaunWhite

I've since realised that if you read the BF market in order ...I'm pretty sure the first line with a sensible lay price is the correct score, so you could approach it from that direction? Having a rule for each selection in the market and setting a signal to a value, like 1 for 0-1, 11 for 1-1 or 21 for 2-1 etc.
I think at the time I was just trying to do it in fewer lines of rules and end up with two signals, one for each sides score.

It was more of an exercise in solving a puzzle rather than filling a need, as if I don't already have enough puzzles.
Bear's The Name

I do something similar to this.

To get around the problem with rows 17, 18 and 19, I normally set a minimum price (say last traded price > 1.1).

That prevents throwing money away when a team is 4-0 up they will be 1.01 and almost certain to win. However if the score was 4-3 at 55 minutes, you might still want to bet on ANY OTHER HOME WIN, as the odds would almost certainly be above 1.1 at that point of the match, especially with that scoreline.
lubinho

Thanks for the tip about AOHW/AOAW/AOD :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”