Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
gstar1975

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:22 pm
i use Octoparse scraping software and set up for 4 different scrapes,
1 for aus racing and 3 for Uk racing.
start scraping the website around 3.30pm to get the next days racing, so i can analyse
at my leisure then make my selections for the following day.
Which website?
Fugazi

Memphis, it would be cheaper long run to get someone on Fiverr create a scraping script for circa $100 than constantly pay subscription to that website
MemphisFlash

Fugazi wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:13 am
Memphis, it would be cheaper long run to get someone on Fiverr create a scraping script for circa $100 than constantly pay subscription to that website
your assuming i'm paying, lol
Fugazi

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:53 am
Fugazi wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:13 am
your assuming i'm paying, lol
Ah.

Good work 😂
bernie63b

Not happy that the hare stopped at 15.07 Hove today. I did think that trap 3 would win but I could not get a value price, so I placed a lay bet on trap 5. Trap 3 was winning by 5 lengths when the hare stopped. It takes me a bit of time to set up a race on my spreadsheet, study the form and work out what I think the odds should be before even looking at the market so not happy spending that time on a void race that would have made me a profit. I am only just doing one or two a day at the moment, playing back my video, studying my results to see how I did and if I could have done better.
I have only just gone back to looking at the Greyhound form. It was something that I was good at many years ago before betting exchanges. I gave it all up mainly because it was too hard to get a good price from the bookmakers and it was taking up too much of my time when I had a lot of other things I wanted to do. I got back into trying to make money again when I saw something about matched betting on Facebook. I made a nice lot of profit doing that before getting banned and restricted. I gave pre-horse race trading a go, but I would make the odd mistake and I don't have the knowledge I need to give me an edge, so I decided to go back to greyhound form studying, trying to price the market based on form and look for value. I am happy how it is going so far with small stakes which I increase by 2.5% each day if I have a new high in profits. I know I have to do it this way or it will most likely go wrong if I try to run before I can walk and my emotions will likely get the better of me as well.
My Spreadsheet is something I find very useful, but it takes me about 15 minutes for each race just to copy, paste the greyhound form into the spreadsheet, highlight the important information before I even start looking at the form. It would be good if I could get someone else to set up the basic spreadsheet so had more time to study the greyhound form and place the money. Paying someone to do it would only work if I knew I would make enough money back. Getting a group of people together all doing one race and sharing all the spreadsheets to the group sounds like a good idea but I think I would end up with a load of stupid people that would be hard to teach and then would most likely walk away or just make lots of mistakes. Looks like I will just have to do it all myself, build it up over time getting faster, using bigger stakes and hopefully making more profit. Only then will I know if this is something I should be spending my time on.
Fugazi

bernie63b wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:41 pm
Not happy that the hare stopped at 15.07 Hove today. I did think that trap 3 would win but I could not get a value price, so I placed a lay bet on trap 5. Trap 3 was winning by 5 lengths when the hare stopped. It takes me a bit of time to set up a race on my spreadsheet, study the form and work out what I think the odds should be before even looking at the market so not happy spending that time on a void race that would have made me a profit. I am only just doing one or two a day at the moment, playing back my video, studying my results to see how I did and if I could have done better.
I have only just gone back to looking at the Greyhound form. It was something that I was good at many years ago before betting exchanges. I gave it all up mainly because it was too hard to get a good price from the bookmakers and it was taking up too much of my time when I had a lot of other things I wanted to do. I got back into trying to make money again when I saw something about matched betting on Facebook. I made a nice lot of profit doing that before getting banned and restricted. I gave pre-horse race trading a go, but I would make the odd mistake and I don't have the knowledge I need to give me an edge, so I decided to go back to greyhound form studying, trying to price the market based on form and look for value. I am happy how it is going so far with small stakes which I increase by 2.5% each day if I have a new high in profits. I know I have to do it this way or it will most likely go wrong if I try to run before I can walk and my emotions will likely get the better of me as well.
My Spreadsheet is something I find very useful, but it takes me about 15 minutes for each race just to copy, paste the greyhound form into the spreadsheet, highlight the important information before I even start looking at the form. It would be good if I could get someone else to set up the basic spreadsheet so had more time to study the greyhound form and place the money. Paying someone to do it would only work if I knew I would make enough money back. Getting a group of people together all doing one race and sharing all the spreadsheets to the group sounds like a good idea but I think I would end up with a load of stupid people that would be hard to teach and then would most likely walk away or just make lots of mistakes. Looks like I will just have to do it all myself, build it up over time getting faster, using bigger stakes and hopefully making more profit. Only then will I know if this is something I should be spending my time on.
Chat gpt and python are your friend.
firlandsfarm

you need an automated way to get the data into the spreadsheet!
MemphisFlash

i already have it!!!!
firlandsfarm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:52 pm
i already have it!!!!
Sorry MF, I wouldn't think otherwise of you, that you have is clear from your previous posts. My comment was directed to @bernie63b who seemed to be bemoaning the amount of work he has to put into making his selections.
jimibt

one for YOU guys :)

sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 am

I'd use my French selection method on those and lay Traps 1, 2 & 3

Because Un, Deux, Trois cats sank

I'll get me coat ........
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 am
jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 am

I'd use my French selection method on those and lay Traps 1, 2 & 3

Because Un, Deux, Trois cats sank

I'll get me coat ........
MemphisFlash

My Filters Design finally tweaked to include
last 10 race form guide by selecting dog
then switch view
filters.PNG
last 10.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fugazi

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:48 pm
My Filters Design finally tweaked to include
last 10 race form guide by selecting dog
then switch view

filters.PNGlast 10.PNG
You writing all the code yourself or doing it through gpt?
MemphisFlash

All myself, theres not a lot of code to it really,
a bit of recording macro's then manipulation from there

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”