RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

I started listening to the Court of Appeal's summary of the Shamima Begun judgement. flipping hell, I fell asleep after a few minutes. :lol:

And she calls it a summary! Wouldn't like to read the full judgement. :lol:
Derek27

Have you seen the latest Betfred advert? They're now depicting gamblers as alcoholics, gathering in a park and all they do is talk about and advise each other how they control their gambling. It's like an AA meeting taking place down the pub. :lol:
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:02 am
Have you seen the latest Betfred advert? They're now depicting gamblers as alcoholics, gathering in a park and all they do is talk about and advise each other how they control their gambling. It's like an AA meeting taking place down the pub. :lol:
Funny how a lot of people automatically link gambling and alcohol, personally I never mix the two. There maybe a link I don't know tbh but you could link alcohol to most things criminal like domestic abuse, assault, rape etc If there is a very strong link maybe restrict alcohol instead and not gambling that'd be a good idea as I'm still ruff as f@ck after a full session on Saturday :lol:
Kai

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
Funny how a lot of people automatically link gambling and alcohol, personally I never mix the two. There maybe a link I don't know tbh but you could link alcohol to most things criminal like domestic abuse, assault, rape etc If there is a very strong link maybe restrict alcohol instead and not gambling that'd be a good idea as I'm still ruff as f@ck after a full session on Saturday :lol:
May be a link? :D

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and leads to bad decisions consistently :) If you've ever heard of, or done the infamous "fuk it" strategy you will know it's definitely not +EV
Bobajob

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:06 pm
Fricking Jockeys weighing in light! Absolute cock!
Thanks !!! 16:55 Punchestown
Just highlights why you need an 'exit' strategy ;)
Last edited by Bobajob on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:07 am
Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
May be a link? :D

Alcohol lowers inhibitions and leads to bad decisions consistently :) If you've ever heard of, or done the infamous "fuk it" strategy you will know it's definitely not +EV
Euphoria inducing, intoxicating (note the toxic element there!), depressant. That's alcohol in a nutshell. Take your pick from that smorgasbord. But I think I'd like a proper smorgasbord instead.
Archery1969

£16 for a pack of fags ? :o
Derek27

"I'm a Labour supporter so I'll vote Labour even though there isn't a Labour candidate".

What a stupid woman!!
Derek27

A couple, one in a mobility scooter, the other with a trolley, navigated the entire length of Lidl side-by-side, stopping wherever necessary, completely oblivious to the traffic jam behind them with people having to take diversions just to get a few yards in front of them!

Next time it happens, I'm gonna take a different aisle, get in front of them and stop, see how they like it. :D
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:06 am
£16 for a pack of fags ? :o
I saw that in the Metro headline but haven't heard anything about it from an official source. It's gonna reach that price in a year or two anyway.
Derek27

Britain's Most Evil Killers have done 8 series. There must be another 8 in the pipeline the way things are going. No shortage of material!
Derek27

Wayne Couzens should never have been a police officer!!!

How much did they spend on an inquiry to discover that?
Derek27

I've just thrown away a whole box of Rice Crispies. I tried to crush them first using a potato masher before filling the food waste bin ... you'll be surprised how difficult it is!
Derek27

It should be possible for Sky News to talk about obesity without showing all that disgusting fried food being served on a plate and smothered with mayonnaise. :lol:
Derek27

Men have been presenting the news on Sky all day now!

Return to “General discussion”